Picked up an Englander 13NCI but it was welded by the "new guy"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to hear that ESW enabled the dealer to make things right. When do you expect to take delivery of the new unit?

-SF

SlyFerret said:
Good to hear that ESW enabled the dealer to make things right. When do you expect to take delivery of the new unit?

-SF

We took delivery.

The dealer gave us directions to the ESW warehouse nearby. The gentleman at the warehouse loaded it on the truck and we were good to go. That man opened the building on his day off. He deserves a 24 pack of xmas cheer but I never got his name.

Kirk

My brother just recently bought an installed a 13nc from one of the local Big Box stores. He brought it home and many of the welds did look like they was done by a first year vocational student. Nothing to the extent of this unit, but enough that I would have taken a grinder to and cleaned them up and repainted if I it were my stove. But since it was his stove, it is now in and burning just fine.

I buy a good amount of farm equipment for the tractor and I can respect a "good" weld that is very functional with good integrity that may not be the prettiest. It may have some visible porosity, it may have wandered a bit off of the joint, and there may be a bit of spatter. When you are trying to buy a relatively inexpensive very functional stove then you can expect this sort of thing. The extra time that it would take to grind all the spatter and remove and replace imperfect welds would greatly add to the labor costs and bring the prices up accordingly. Of course there is a difference between imperfect welds and buckled sheets of warped steel.

Englander did well to open the factory on a holiday for this gent. Good job guys.

I'm thinking of buying a wood stove for my basement this spring . I really like the customer support the Englander guys provided that was evident on this thread . I think Englander has jumped way to the front of my list when I go to buy a wood stove.

I 2nd that opinion about the customer service Englander gave. They are on the top of my list also. Now, I must decide if I want to put a 2nd stove in upstairs or move my exisitng Pacific Energy Artisan downstairs and replace it upstairs with an Englander, like the 30-NC.

amkazen said:
I 2nd that opinion about the customer service Englander gave. They are on the top of my list also. Now, I must decide if I want to put a 2nd stove in upstairs or move my exisitng Pacific Energy Artisan downstairs and replace it upstairs with an Englander, like the 30-NC.

Believe me. That better be one hell of a big upstairs area if you are going to put a 30 up there.

The upstairs is approx. 1,792 sq. ft. However, the stove is at one far corner and the other 3 corners of the house do not get very warm. We can have the open area the stove is in up to about 75 degrees but the other parts of the house are still about 10 degrees colder. The webmaster is trying to clean up a drawing I made so hopefully we will have some drawings to look at. Maybe the 30-NC is too big and I shoudl stick with the 13-NC. Price right now is of utmost importance to me. But, see my other post so we do not hijack this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.