Questions to ask when you're having a stove installed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoseRedHoofbeats

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Oct 7, 2010
San Antonio, TX
So what do I need to know to be sure my installer is doing a good job and what should I ask him about the setup? He is NFI certified and has given me a pretty competitive price ($1200 for delivery, assembly, stove pipe and chimney install, and outside air kit hookup, and won't leave until I get a good fire going), so I'm not worried about that, I just want to know what to go over with him and inspect to make sure.

Side note- as some of you know, I'm out of town caring for my dad who has cancer. He's doing very well, and my husband is making progress on our remodel in my abscence, so we should be ready to have the stove installed the day after I get back!

~Rose

RoseRedHoofbeats said:
Side note- as some of you know, I'm out of town caring for my dad who has cancer. He's doing very well, and my husband is making progress on our remodel in my abscence, so we should be ready to have the stove installed the day after I get back!

~Rose

Rose, I hope things are well with you and your father! I have been there and you need to remember to take care of yourself too. It is nice that you have such a wonderful thing to look forward to when you get home! I am loving my new stove, I just need the weather to cooperate now - we are having a mild Santa Ana with temps on the mountain in the 70s.

I neglected to thank you for the enthusiastic welcome when I first joined a couple of weeks ago. It made me feel very much at home here! (And then I got distracted... )

Status
Not open for further replies.