Reliable source for parts.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for a reliable source for a Vermont Casting Resolute III stove. I was ready to order from Woodmans Plus, but they did not answer two emails enquiring about one of their products and I started seeing many complaints on the Internet concerning the company.

OK I'll have that stuff ready to go in a few days. Andirons $16.00, gasket kit $19.00, and the front faucet w/pawl assy. $37.00, plus shipping about $13.00. Cool?

I am relatively new to this site and I know nothing about you. Please don't take it the wrong way. I would like to know a little more before I put a check in the mail. I would rather support people on this site because I have gleaned much good information here.

I only need the actual handle. The latch is there and works fine. I was thinking of putting a wire type handle on. Attached is a photo of the stove on my truck after I got it. I have since removed the stub in the latch. It has a 1/4-20 taped hole.

Attachments

• IMG_7352 (Large).JPG
    IMG_7352 (Large).JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 387
Oh I see, so all you need is the porcelain handle? Well, let me know. I can send out what you need with an invoice, pay upon receipt if you'd rather. All good!

Looking for a reliable source for a Vermont Casting Resolute III stove. I was ready to order from Woodmans Plus, but they did not answer two emails enquiring about one of their products and I started seeing many complaints on the Internet concerning the company.
They've certainly gotten their fair share of complaints, however, the company isn't all bad. I've used them for a bunch of parts--both cast and non-cast--and can tell you that their non-cast parts will be identical. Their cast iron parts shrink 1/8" for every foot upon being cast (they use a mold), which results in a slightly smaller piece than the oem part. I've replaced the upper and lower fireback and damper on my resolute without problem, as well as multiple other things.
Just know that their shipping is expensive (at least 15$), and if a part is backordered, you may not find out until you call them. And if you need to return a part, their restocking fee is something like 20% of the part price, not a fixed fee, which to me is asinine. Regardless, they are a great source of parts for new and old stove, both wood and coal.

Status
Not open for further replies.