Scandia 810 Stove question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dneunabe

Hearth Supporter
Jan 15, 2006
Hi,
A friend gave me a Scandia 810 woodburning stove. I've seen mention of other Scandia stoves here, that they are not particularly high quality. This one is a very heavy, square stove. It took a full size tractor with a front end loader to put it in my garage. I'm thinking about using it to heat a detached garage here in Wisconsin. Can anybody tell me anything about it? I have questions like: should I even try to use it? Are there manuals for it? Etc. I've tried to attach a photo, but I don't know how to keep the size under the 200KB max. If photos are needed, and someone could tell me how to shrink them, I'll send them.
I would greatly appreciate anything you can tell me about it or where to get more info.
thanks,
Dan

We have had this same stove in our home for the past 11 years. Started up every Nov. and done in April. We've had a Magic Heat on the stovepipe, great to reclaim heat. We bought the Magic Heat at Northern Tool. Our stove was also given to us-how lucky. It's been wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.