Score!...or, not really.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cascade Failure

Feeling the Heat
Sep 18, 2010
SE CT
There was a crew this week at work fixing some tree/ground damage done by some knucklehead with a dozer removing snow this past winter. They were cutting wood to stove size and leaving it by the curb. Although I never saw them (different shifts) I knew it had to be spoken for so I left it alone.

Until ... I see the MS 270 left out overnight. Tempting, but no. I secure it and get it back to the crew through some other people.

So a few days later I work a different shift. There they are loading the previously mentioned, easily gather-able wood. Being the wiseass I am, I tell them, grinning, that had the pile been there another night it would have been mine. (No...I wouldn't really grab someone else's wood.)

They simply say..."we'll leave ya some."

"Some" was 3 or 4 nights worth of maple but free, honest, BTUs are free, honest, BTUs, right?

this is a good one. I'd do the same as you becasue I like to sleep at night. I'm sure the firewood gods will smile upon you shortly.

I had a simialr situation and was rewarded much later with 6+ loads on walnut,ash and locust. And a lot of good sleep!

Karma for the MS 270.

I would have done the same....what goes around comes around ?

Good for you Cascade Failure. The world needs more folks like you.

I think I would have returned the saw personally and coincidentally had the trailer behind the truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.