She went out last night and that's a wrap

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm- don't know how you folks pull it off, running the stove 24/7. I have this thing called work that I have to go to for 8 hours a day. Often times I feel as though I am paying my debt to society for an unknown offense I have committed during those 8 hours...........

staying with it for another month I would imagine..all depends on the spring. last year we had a warm march and a cold April!

We hit near 70F yesterday but wont be above 40 for the next week or so. I just burn evenings and weekends so I didn't burn yesterday but I expect I will be burning most days for the next month or so.

The snow belt just east of our current location and where I grew up averages 110" of snow a year. However the temps are fairly moderate so we seldom build up more than 2 feet on the ground. I believe the record is around 180". Whats interesting is that where we live now just 30miles from where I grew up averages about 50" with a record of about 111". Its amazing the difference a few miles makes especially given the very small elevation change.

Craig

I will most likely taper off burning during the day. will have fires when I get home etc in another week or two

I am a bit low on wood also. I am now burning some that is still a bit green. In another week, we may have a bit less furniture around here if it gets too cold again. Maybe this fall we shall buy some more new wood furniture just in case we run low on wood next yr. LOL.
Mike

Our wood stove won't see much use now until April when we quit with the coal fire.
The coal fire runs slower when it is warmer out or a downwind with rain so the house is perfect right now with temps between 30 and 40.
Once it goes above 40 and into 60 that's our woodburner running.

We've got weird springs here, more snow in March and April than all winter it seems.

Talking central PA.

BeGreen said:
We're in early spring, crocuses, daffodils and camellias blooming, some tiny leaves showing up and the alders are in bloom. But it's up and down temps, still seeing some 30s at night. Fire going now as it was last night.

I know that I`m still burning when it is 30`s and even low 50`s.. Gotta wonder about the BG guy,ya know still burning when it`s in the 30`s at night. hmmmm,maybe that old rooster is older than we think?? I mean lots of things in bloom here in the PNW,cept maybe the skin is getting a bit thinner on some of us %-P

Just kidding, hey BG, I`ll bet ya wouldn`t trade places with those poor freezing folks in the NE any quicker than I would. Even though we mostly have nothing but softwoods to burn...

Well, the 30's are getting rare now, but we're still burning, at least mornings and evenings. Prolly still will until the wood runs out or it gets steadily in the 50s.

I'm a New Englander at the core. It's my heart home, but my wife has adopted the NW as her permanent turf. I like the warmer winter temps, but miss real summer heat here.

ILL probably burn up thru the end of this month unless it gets unusualy warm. Its starting to be a pain in the ass as it allways does at the end of the year. At least next year I hoping the new jotul 500 cuts down on th ewood compared to the wood beast furnace

Status
Not open for further replies.