Sure is good to know i have a woodstove with an ice storm coming

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got 6 inches yesterday, ice on top of that in the evening. Rain this morning. Yuck.
My newly installed heat pump has a bad defrost board, so the wood stove is getting a work out. I was toasty warm last night.

Reactions: jatoxico
Got 6 inches yesterday, ice on top of that in the evening. Rain this morning. Yuck.
My newly installed heat pump has a bad defrost board, so the wood stove is getting a work out. I was toasty warm last night.

Miserable nastiness on the east coast. BTW I have a cousin in Elkton I think it is. His heat pump was never really able to keep up but was prob old technology. Normally works for you if you need it? Kinda thought they were for moderate temp locations.

Miserable nastiness on the east coast. BTW I have a cousin in Elkton I think it is. His heat pump was never really able to keep up but was prob old technology. Normally works for you if you need it? Kinda thought they were for moderate temp locations.
I wouldn't have considered one if I didn't burn.
But we don't have gas lines out here, and the newer heat pumps are not so bad in the mid-atlantic. Our average winter temps are 20-30 degrees, even though I think it will be ugly this year. The heat pump is a LOT cheaper to heat with than oil.()

Reactions: jatoxico
Cooking ain't so bad if you have enough stovetop for it...

Attachments

• IMG_0899.jpg
    IMG_0899.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0902.jpg
    IMG_0902.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 90
Reactions: firebroad
We got it pretty good here in Arkansas. Day 4 of no power, temps in the low 20's. Staying a nice toasty 80 in the house. And there's a LOT of trees down. I'll be cutting and stacking for some time to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.