The oil boiler is on......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked at two homes in that area. The home with the red tin roof on the corner of River Road across the street from the Saab mechanic and a home further up the hill of the home with the red tin roof.

Which side of River road and how well do you make out when the Delaware floods?

I face the canal, just up the road past Walter's nursery. We have never flooded, even though its been bad here (i witnessed the family at Walter's Nursery coming out of their second floor window in a canoe) we are up on the hill and across the street dips down into a meadow so even in the last floods, it never even hit our driveway. Granted, we were stuck with no place to go with water both north and south of us but the few houses here up on the hill never get wet :)

The house across from the mechanic has been bought and sold 6 times since we've been here in 10 years. They just installed a wood stove as we all notice the blinding reflection of their really long stainless pipe coming across the bridge over Tohickon creek :)

Hah! we were almost neighbors! The house with the red roof is still up for sale, 3 houses south of me, that is crazy Randy, another chainsaw wielding neighbor. he goes out and fells trees when he's bored, we are all use to the "thud" He is retired and wants desperately to sell his home and move to New England. During Hurricane Sandy, after all of us clearing the trees ourself from the road so we could get out, we were joking with him that we'd give him $5k and he'd take it, he's sick of it all and wants to move. In the few miles around us, there are only 4 of the 12 homes with permanent residents. The rest are NYers that come down on the weekend or just in the summer, it's quiet too since there are no rowdy kids around, my neighbors, Randy and us are the only straight couples :)

I love it here, tourists and all, it's a beautiful place but you have to be prepared for either be buggin' in or gettin' out when stuff happens as we don't lose utilities for a few days, it's weeks...always. However, trees just commit suicide around here, fall for no reason so there is ALWAYS wood to be found!

Status
Not open for further replies.