The Tree Trimmers Are Coming!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gary

Oct 29, 2006
St. George, KS
Found a leaflet from the power company hanging on my door tonight. It says their tree crew will be clearing around the line on my property soon. Yee-haw! Been trying to get these guys out here for 3 years. Thought I missed my chance after last year's ice storm.

The leaflet also says firewood will be stacked in the vicinity of the electric line (sounds like something written by an army recruiter).
I've seen these guys in action. They're big into clear cutting and leaving half trees, but I don't care. This place is so
timbered up it looks like a windbreak and I will be grateful to get the trees away from the line. Plus by next summer, you won't even be able to see they were here, except for the electric line not snarled in tree limbs.

Not expecting a whole lot of firewood, but anything will be a bonus

Hey gary if you talk to one of the guys one the crew they might drop a tree or two for you.Hand them some money and theyll drop a bunch.try and get them to drop as many as you can cause they wont be out your way intill them trees grow back.
Any way good stuff and happy burning

gary said:
Found a leaflet from the power company hanging on my door tonight. It says their tree crew will be clearing around the line on my property soon. Yee-haw! Been trying to get these guys out here for 3 years. Thought I missed my chance after last year's ice storm.

The leaflet also says firewood will be stacked in the vicinity of the electric line (sounds like something written by an army recruiter).
I've seen these guys in action. They're big into clear cutting and leaving half trees, but I don't care. This place is so
timbered up it looks like a windbreak and I will be grateful to get the trees away from the line. Plus by next summer, you won't even be able to see they were here, except for the electric line not snarled in tree limbs.

Not expecting a whole lot of firewood, but anything will be a bonus
Sweet free wood!

Sweet!! Gary ;-) I have noticed a few tree crews in my area as well!If they decide to do my road i have a fairly large maple by the road that looks like is starting to die. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.