Timberwolf TWP1 CUTS OUT

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Might have missed it in the posts. Another possibility is an air leak in your gas line. That's what killed my chainsaw engine under load.
Checked all the lines and didn't see any leaks. This Machine was bought new 4 years ago and I paid a pretty good buck for it because I read the Timberwolfs are one of the best splitters around.I should have bought the home depot special instead lol.
Im going to try the sea foam and hope it solves the problem.

Did you try to split at maybe 1/2 throttle? How easily does this engine start?

Yeah it always seem to run a little rough since new. Then i got to the point it would stall out and die when you try to put a load on it. You can get a new chonda (chinese honda) carb off amazon for under $20. They work. I have used them before as a cheap quick fix.

Did you try to split at maybe 1/2 throttle? How easily does this engine start?
Haven't tried that yet but I assume it would cut out even sooner?
Engine starts up fine after one or two pulls and runs pretty good. Only problem is when there is a load put on it.

Yeah it always seem to run a little rough since new. Then i got to the point it would stall out and die when you try to put a load on it. You can get a new chonda (chinese honda) carb off amazon for under $20. They work. I have used them before as a cheap quick fix.
Thats an option that I'll consider. I'll do the sea foam first.

You can also unhook your low oil sensor and run it to eliminate that. Just make sure it is full of oil. Lol. The sensor could be bad. Just something else to check

Well I finally went to pep boys and picked up a can of sea foam.
And guess what it solved the problem!!
I want to thanks everyone on this forum for all your help, if it wasn't for you guys I'll be stuck
with a pile of logs buried in snow.
Thanks Again.

Love hearing a happy ending! ;lol

Reactions: ahtune69
Great news. Seafoam is not only a solvent but it is a lubricant. I have seen it clean up some pretty rough running engines.

Reactions: ahtune69
I put about 2oz of sea foam in 1 gallon of gas and I can feel the engine running a bit smoother.
The second tank I put another 2oz to make it clean out whatever was gummed up in there and
it seems to be running pretty well.
Going to split some more tomorrow and see if there are any changes.
Stuff works great as advertised.

Well I guess Im back to the old drawing board. The motor shut down on me again today splitting a medium size round.
Im thinking maybe I do need a pump after all. I'm kinda shocked that the pump went so fast on this machine. Bought it 4 years ago and barely
used so maybe I just got a bad pump. Also one of the engine mount broke off at the weld where it attach to the frame, has anyone out there have
this happen on their timberwolf?

Status
Not open for further replies.