Used Harman, New Quadrafire or Refurb 10-CPM?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a Quad CB1200. My house is not really tight (working on that now). 2 story, built in early 1900's, 1800sq.ft. I went from $3750 in fuel oil 2010/2011 to ONE delivery of 100 gallons for 2011/2012. Burned 4_1/2 tons of pellets. Granted it was not a "normal" winter but I am at the point where I am actually ahead as far as total cost to heat. From now on it is all good.
I really like the Quad. Wife likes the looks, clean it once a week, no real issues. The only problem could be hopper size. On the coldest days I was going through one bag a day. If you are away 1-2 days a week this could be an issue. But it is quite easy for someone else to check and fill. I have found that it is somewhat picky on pellet brand if you don't want to do a quick clean and scrape every couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.