1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Vermont Wood Pellets unethical?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by djs_net, Nov 18, 2012.

1. djs_net

djs_net Member

Loc:
    CT
    My local pellet guy has Vermont Wood Pellets on his website with a note about the manufacturer being unreliable and unethical. I will likely ask him to explain but wonder if any of the members here have any inside info?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    First I have heard of something bad from them. I know they are a small outfit, But from what I hear they are doing pretty well. Maybe they got to popular and are having issues meeting the demand this season. Other factors have entered the picture this season with Okies having issues with producing and the product being a bit off from years past.

Yes, Please do some digging for us. Very curious I am.
  3. midfielder

midfielder Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    NH
    Interesting - I have a couple of new tons and have burned a few bags to date. This year's seem as good or better than last year's. Got a link to the site with the comment you could share? Besides being a really good pellet, they're a local industry for me. I'd hate to hear anything negative about them.
  4. jdege

jdege Member

Loc:
    Dover, NH
    One of my favorite pellets and I can get at a fair price given the quality. I will be monitoring this post to see what comes up.
  5. P38X2

P38X2 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Jaffrey, NH
    It's unethical that they're making their way to CT and not my area. How DARE they! :(
    The Ds likes this.
  6. Millsk

Millsk Member

Loc:
    Eastern ct
    Bump to get this on my alert list.
  7. hotdawg

hotdawg Member

Loc:
    Central, MA
    I've only heard good things about these pellets. Seems odd your local pellet guy would put that on their website about a product they are carrying from a company they think so little of. If they are truly that unhappy with Vermont Wood Pellets, then don't carry their product. If they choose to carry it then don't complain about it. Whatever internal fighting that's happening should be kept amongst themselves. Consumers shouldn't have to second guess what's going on when all they want is a good pellet at a good price to buy. There's no need to air dirty laundry like that. Just my 2cents.
  8. P38X2

P38X2 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Jaffrey, NH
    X2, if that's the case.
  9. djs_net

djs_net Member

Loc:
    CT
    I agree with this. I found it odd that the pellets are still on the site, listed as "Sold out" which is what prompted my post. Unreliable is a bad enough claim against a business, but unethical is another level.
  10. newf lover

newf lover Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Eastern CT
    Very risky putting a comment like that on a business website. Can you say libel?
    briansol likes this.
  11. midfielder

Loc:
    NH
    Link to page with comment?
  12. newf lover

newf lover Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Eastern CT
  13. midfielder

Loc:
    NH
    Wow...
  14. Millsk

Millsk Member

Loc:
    Eastern ct
    Looks like someone perhaps ordered some pellets that were never delivered. Agree he should just offer up another softwood choice.
  15. wil lanfear

wil lanfear Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    vermont
    I just forwarded a link to this thread to vt wood pellets asking for a response to the thread if they choose. I kow these folks personally, really great folks to deal with.
  16. UMainah

UMainah Member

Loc:
    Bangor, ME
  17. jtakeman

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    Well, I'd take what Blakeslee Pellet Depot says with a grain of salt and wait to hear what VMP says. Better to get both sides of the deal and read in-between!

My scoop about Blakeslee Pellet Depot is they have issues paying there bills. They carried quite a few brands at one time. Word on the wire is they all pulled the plug on Blakeslee for lack of payment. The Country Pine pellets are years old not new stock. That Company has been out a business for a couple a seasons.

AFAIK, BT Ent. is still carring VMP.
    oldmountvernon likes this.
  18. subsailor

subsailor Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Winthrop, Maine
    That sheds a new whole new light on things. A guy wants product but doesn't pay for it then gets PO'd when they won't deliver and calls the company unethical. I think I'd put my money on VMP being the ethical company and not the other way around.
    oldmountvernon likes this.
  19. djs_net

djs_net Member

Loc:
    CT
    If this is the case, it's too bad. This is the closest (non big box) dealer to my house.
  20. jtakeman

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    With the box store deals, I'm sure their sales were effected. If they have a product your interested in? I'd still purchase from them, But on a cash and carry basis only JIC.
  21. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Standish, ME
    IHATEPROPANE likes this.
  22. thedude110

thedude110 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central Connecticut
    Bad, bad business by Blakeslee. I'm glad I bought my Vermonts from BT and I'll buy Vermonts from BT again in the future.
  23. djs_net

djs_net Member

Loc:
    CT
    It seems that the unethical allegations have turned from the manufacturer to the dealer. It wasn't my intention to disparege either, I was just curious why the dealer would have such harsh words towards another business. As of now, I haven't seen any facts.
  24. P38X2

P38X2 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Jaffrey, NH
    Too late. Now we're all gonna get rung up. Nice job! :p
  25. khenault

khenault Member

Loc:
    Southern, NH
    Moderators might want to delete this thread. No good can come of it.