1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Vermont Wood Pellets unethical?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by djs_net, Nov 18, 2012.

1. iron stove

iron stove Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central CT
    Rparker seems to have a contact, but im willing to call them . PM me if you have a secret contact, or can help assist with a tour from the CT crew.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    I don't have any contacts with VMP, If Rparker is willing to get in touch? See what days are available. Maybe even start a thread with the plan?
  3. iron stove

Loc:
    Central CT
    Ill PM him, not sure how often he is on the forum.
  4. rparker

rparker Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Vermont
    Let's do it. I will contact them and find out what their schedule is for the holidays.
  5. thedude110

thedude110 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central Connecticut
    I might be interested, too, assuming permission from the boss. We should def. move this to a new (planning) thread.
  6. djs_net

djs_net Member

Loc:
    CT
    I would also love to meet some of the other CT pellet guys but it's doubtful I can get off from work...my co-worker's wife is expecting a baby and he's got all the vacation time near the holidays. I look forward to a thread with details of the fun.
  7. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    Like vegas baby! We can't say nada! ;em jk
  8. iron stove

Loc:
    Central CT
    What happens At the Mill, stays at the Mill :eek:
    holstein and jtakeman like this.
  9. nhredbird

nhredbird Member

Loc:
    Southern, NH
    I bought a ton last month. Plan on burning when colder.
    Thats all folks!
  10. whlago

whlago Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    NW Connecticut
    If OMV goes I'm out....I'm sure he's got some way of telepathically scarfing pellets from your garage just by staring at your eyes. <>
    slvrblkk and oldmountvernon like this.
  11. heat seeker

heat seeker Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern CT
    I'd be interested in a road trip, too!
  12. rparker

rparker Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Vermont
    I,m going to switch this to a new topic.
  13. djs_net

djs_net Member

Loc:
    CT
    I'm in the market for another ton and was checking out several local pellet guy websites. FWIW, the Blakeslee website that prompted me to start this thread, has removed the word "unethical". They still show the Vermont pellets as a brand they carry (I don't think they've carried them for a few yrs) but now only say that the manufacturer has been "very unreliable".

Based on what was already discussed in this thread and the VWP tour that some of our members took, I tend to not believe the claims of the dealer. Does anyone know if Vermonts are available in central CT? BT is out of stock.
  14. Hoot23

Hoot23 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Alfred, Me
    I just picked up a half ton on Saturday. I got the last of what my dealer had. He has 2 truck loads on order that will be in in two weeks. Vermont, unreliable? Or their pellets are so much in demand that thay can't keep up with orders? I would rather them keep their quality instead of pushing shitty pellets and ruining their product and following.
  15. gbreda

gbreda Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lakes Region, NH
    Hoot, how are they running in the P61? Friend of mine is burning them in an XXV. Loves the heat, no ash, actually has to turn the feed rate down below 2.
    Only issue is that they blacken the glass quite a bit, but its a trade off to her with no complaints.
    Actually, I think we need to change her gaskets this summer, so that may be part of the excess blackening.
  16. iceguy4

iceguy4 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Upstate, NY

Best pellet I have burned.I have been to his operation and he runs a very nice operation. a side note...He is a GREAT guy also. Ask any member from this forum who went on the trip and they will say the same.. GREAT pellet...CLASS operation...
  17. Hoot23

Hoot23 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Alfred, Me
    Gbreda, I haven't started them yet. I got 6 bags of Spruce Pointes left. When I burned the VT's last year they were hot and very clean. But like you said, they did black out the glass. I'll chime in at the end of the week when I start running them.

How did you like the Spruces this year? Did you think they had a lot of fines in them?
  18. Lousyweather

Lousyweather Guest

only unless its false