1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MountainStoveGuy

MountainStoveGuy Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Boulder County
    I guess this business makes me air on the side of caution LOL. We all know that burning coals emit Carbon Monoxide, but i guess in a ash bucket there isnt enough to worry about? i guess that woud depend on how much hot coal was in there, i would still put it outside.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. tradergordo

tradergordo Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Phoenixville, PA
    This reminds me of a question I was going to ask. I like to test smoke detectors with real smoke to verify that they are working. Was wondering if its OK to test the CO detector in the "real world" too, say by holding it up to a car tailpipe or something? I guess my question is, not being familiar with how they work, can testing them this way decrease their working lifespan? Most CO detectors are only good for 4-7 years, so I wasn't sure how the detection materials get "used up"?
  3. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Every CO detector manual I have ever seen specifically says not to test them with car exhaust because it shortens life span. Sometimes it shortens it to about five minutes.
  4. sharpclaws

sharpclaws New Member

Just want to update everyone. They started the install yesterday and are finishing what they can today. The hearthpad we ordered, is out of stock and it will be
    a few weeks or more before it comes in. Just my luck, but I do love the stove. Cant wait to show pictures....
  5. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Congrats. Can't wait to see pics.
  6. DonCT

DonCT Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Bristol, Connecticut
    YEA PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on the install!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.