1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

What brand would you buy....

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by slvrblkk, Jun 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slvrblkk

slvrblkk Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northampton, PA
    I'm getting a ton of pellets this week and was wondering what the forum would buy out of the three brands I can purchase. They all cost $225.00. They will be used in my Engalnder 25-PDVC. Any input would be appreciated.

Barefoot

Allegheny

Lignetics.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. kpereyra

kpereyra New Member

Loc:
    Fairfield County, CT
    I've read in many threads on this forum that people like the Barefoot pellets because they burn very hot. I haven't gotten my stove yet but when I do, I plan to get those. Unfortunately I'm getting prices of $275/ton for them here in CT.
  3. stoveguy2esw

stoveguy2esw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    madison hgts. va
    iove burned the lignetics , love em , i have gotten good reviews from the barefoot pellets as well as of late. from what i hear alleghany are good pellets too, were it me choosing , i'd go lignetics.
  4. slvrblkk

slvrblkk Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northampton, PA
    Well, I went to pick up the Lignetics and they were out of them so I wound up buying a ton of Pennwood premium pellets manufactured in East Berlin, PA. I hope I did the right thing since I never heard of these before and got burned on Pennington last year (though they stood good for the bad pellets).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.