Looking to get a PE Summit and was wondering if the owners of this stove, or any other free standing stove, can give me some insight into their stove use and allergies. My son has bad allergies and his doctor said NO to our idea of inside stove, but after going to friends houses that have wood stoves, I don't realy notice the smoke smell. Does anybody out there know if thier stove aggravates their allergies? I think that the use of an ash dump should help cut down on the amount of ash in the air and I have no plans of keeping wood in the house. I would get an outside stove, but the double or triple in price is scary. Help if you can.