044 Stihl, DOWN

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

711mhw

Feeling the Heat
Dec 7, 2010
Western ME
Hey you saw guys,
My fav saw's lower hand guard/tank/handle broke. They (dealers) do still offer the part OEM at $150. I have been checking out parts saws on ebay for about $100. I would gain some extra parts going with a parts saw and the one that I hope to win has a full wrap front bar that I would like for this saw. My question for you saw guru's is would you trust that part used, it is plastic,and it is deffinetly the other working end of the saw, or should I just order new? I'm very partial to this saw as it's been working for me perfectly for over 25 yrs and was used when I got it. The next size up in my saw box is a 045av, its a little heavy and thirsty, and the next size down is a 041 FarmBoss and a little slow. The 044 is just right! My saws are all old but I'm used to them, they have and stihl serve me well (sorry about that one, had to do it) Thanks for any input.
PS used 044's kinda redone are going for 500-700 on ebay! Makes me feel better about spending$$$ on the ol' gurl!

Used is fine. Parts saw even better!

honorabLEE said:
Buy a good running saw and use yours for parts. The part you are talking about is a good portion of the saw.

Yep, pass that one by the wife and Your Golden!

Status
Not open for further replies.