056 super ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iatrapper

Jan 27, 2014
Iowa
I saw a sthil 056 super for sale, has a new carb and stator., comes with 20 inch bar. The guy want $550, no way id pay that. What do u guys think is a fair price?

I saw a sthil 056 super for sale, has a new carb and stator., comes with 20 inch bar. The guy want $550, no way id pay that. What do u guys think is a fair price?

There's a lot of 056's in service around here. No way would I pay $550 for one but it's within the realm of possibility. It'll need way more than a 20" bar.

A completed items search on eBay (which is supposed to cover the last 90 days) is the easiest, most authoritative place to go for this sort of thing. Looking there, the going rate for a running 056 Super ranges from $304.99 to $355. Knock off the eBay and PayPal fees, and those sellers cleared about $265-$317. My guess is that a local sale is more likely to end up around $230-$265. Unless you're talking about a glossy, fully-restored showboat of a machine, $550-$650 asking prices are silly.

He went down to 450 and threw in a 28 bar with chain. I still couldn't bring my self to do it. Still seems like a lot to spend on a old extra saw that I won't use much.

Status
Not open for further replies.