1 cord of wood equals how much propane?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Is there a big difference is the heat master and polar boilers? Those are the next 2 closer dealers besides central boiler.
One easier to operate or last any longer long term or a big price difference?
HM boiler has O2 sensor, dampers etc run off of a Siemens PLC. PLC can be set to burn various moistures of wood. Since it has a O2 sensor, I'd assume it will vary the dampers for the most efficient burn. SS firebox.

Polar doesn't run off of a computer. It's a copy of a well known ( Froling ) design. No computer. all settings are manually done in back of the boiler. SS firebox on the outside, boiler plate on the inside ( I believe ). Very clean burning, better than the HM from what I remember. @Case1030 would know for sure about the firebox.

I'd call your local dealer for prices.

Reactions: farmer
Well I talked to a few different dealers from different companies.
Polar is 3 grand more than the heat master. Basically they are rated for roughly the same square ft(g-2plus vs g-4000. Polar weights pretty much double than the heat master. Will the polar last longer or is the build quality that much better? Polar seems pretty simple than is a lot of money between brands. The weight difference is a lot too between the stoves. Maybe that’s part of the reason of the price difference?