1100F Fuego Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Fireplace insert average temperature

• 700-800

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 800-900

• 900-1000

• 1000+

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CraiginIowa

Oct 16, 2013
Southeast Iowa
I have a Fuego Flame Insert and it was reading 1100F above the insert. It was a controlled slow burning fire with the damper 95% closed (that's the percent the manufacturer calls out) not some out of control tornado in a box. How hot should this get before I open it up and let the heat out the chimney? I can see no damage or warping and I have been burning this for 2 winters now pretty close to 24/7 when it's cold. What temperatures are you guys seeing from the inserts that you are using? At what point should I be concerned if it seems up to the task?

Thanks,

Craig

Where and how, exactly, are you taking these readings.
Did you have the fan running?

There is no fan on a Fuego, it just moves the air by convection. There is a thermometer installed in the perforated surround that comes with the insert that has a probe about 4" above the top surface of the stove where the hot air exits.

Wow do they have horrible websites for those fireplace inserts, can't find any info to help you. Only thing that should be burning at 1100F should be a catalytic converter, and those things don't have one as far as I can see.

That top should be in the 600-700 range if you ask me. Scratching my head on why they have a baffle in the back of the fireplace?

You don't really have an insert per say so what we see would be different, you have a fireplace with doors.

Yeah i tried to look them up to but really no info on them at all

Fuegos are not real 24/7 burners, and will not hold up to that kind of usage.
It is more an ambiance unit, and there is no control over the burn other than the damper.
It will get hot and even cherry red on top, and that is not really a very good or safe way to burn 24/7.
The damper areas are long narrow and rectangular, choking the heat down, thus causing it to become the temps you found, and mine used to get cherry red frequently trying to use it for real 24/7 heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.