14/15 shed is full

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uglies & left overs stacked.

Moved / stacked the spruce by the fire pit.
Were 2 yellow jacket nests in it. One got me on the lip. They died :)

Calling the "move the wood" project, done!

DSCF1405.JPG

DSCF1404.JPG DSCF1403.JPG

That's cool man ,:cool: looks like U R ready for 50 below !!!

Reactions: ScotO
Love that shed. I just went out and threw a beer can at my ugly shed.

As always Dave, nice work. But what's with that leaning stack, or the start of a new stack? That's not like you at all so there must be a story there.

Still learning :)

The one stack (left section) , is 13/14 wood , I left some space between each row so the 5th row sticks out.
It was hard to stack straight so I strapped & tied it to the shed, so it won't fall over.
Made it thru 2 years so far. It'll be getting burned soon.

Thats about a 20 Year supply right there,for me.

Calling the "move the wood" project, done!
Good work, Dave! :cool: The 14 and 15 wood have been moved....time to move the 3 wood? ==c

Move it like Tiger and you will be set for 20 years :p
Man, he thrashed the rest of the field by at least five shots yesterday. _g

22 putts?? That's my nine-hole total. ;lol

Nice...mixture of nature studies and wood stacking.

bogeydave maybe I overlooked it somewhere but how much wood is that and how much do you burn a year? Thats some good looking stacks I know it must feel good to have all that wood stacked and ready to go. Also I like your wood shed how are your 4x4s supported on the bottom are they buried or on blocks?

Alaska is going to get record cold and record snow this year, just a heads up. ;)

Love that shed.

That looks fantastic. Do any of you guys even own a piece of ugly wood? ;)

I do Believe , there is ugly wood in there but, BD, knows how to put the puzzle together :) :cool:

bogeydave maybe I overlooked it somewhere but how much wood is that and how much do you burn a year? Thats some good looking stacks I know it must feel good to have all that wood stacked and ready to go. Also I like your wood shed how are your 4x4s supported on the bottom are they buried or on blocks?

Shed build Thread
With some pics.
I dug down to gravel , filled hole (with gravel) to about 18" then buried pillar block, then attached treated 4X4s

Full it holds roughly 21 cords.
Now that it's staked tight on the 14/15 & 15/16 sections, I might have room for another row (cord) in each :)
I burn 6 to 7 cord/year depending on the winter.

Alaska is going to get record cold and record snow this year, just a heads up. ;)

Love that shed.

LOL neighbor stopped by, said he was watching my wood supply grow & he started storing up more wood.
Figured I must know that we are going to have a long cold winter. LOL

Reactions: ScotO and PapaDave
Status
Not open for further replies.