15-20 gallons of propane a year. Deliver myself?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine look like this.
0812091331b.jpg

This is how Suburban Propane got them off the truck when they swapped them out back in '09. Wow! I didn't have much of a wood pile back then did I!

My last delivery was around $5.00/gallon. Or about $750! We've had two of those this winter and will probably need one more in a month or so to carry us through the summer. We also cook and make hot water with propane.

:eek:

My supplier charges a premium for my small deliveries, but it's $.20/gal. Suburban strikes again?

I'd like to buy tanks to replace the 2 150 gallon ones that I rent from Suburban Propane. I have looked online and not found a source. Where should I look and does anybody know what I should expect to pay for them?

I bought a 120 gallon tank from Home Depot for $480. Not all HD stores have them, though. I've also seen them on ebay for about the same price. I also bought a used one on Craigslist for $250.

Suburban is notorious, lots of people have found they try to charge people to remove the tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.