1983 Energy Harvester stove specs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really beginning to like the energy harvester the more I look at pics of them. I feel like they really maximized the heat output to size considering when these little units were made. Hearing about some of the members in this thread who have been burning in one of these for 20+ years is also a big plus!

Thanks for your help

Nate
Nate I am sure you will love it if you already do not. It is a great stove and I have never found one like it anywhere, we bought one of the first ones back in 1978, vaguely remember when they went out of business, such a shame, I think the new owners made the walls etc. much thinner and they were not as efficient.

Yeah. He is full of excrement. Or is burning it in the stove.

BB - Who has burned in a lot of old stoves.
Gee I don't know who you are referring to that is full of sh*t but I haven't read anything on here that doesn't sound right, we bought in 1978, they were brand new and totally different from anything else out there, heated a old, rather large farmhouse with it. We "banked" the fire at night, opened it up just a little in the morning, full of wonderful hot coals, got the house warmed up and then "banked it again for the day", yes the house was chilly when we were not home, but once you opened up a little and let air in whoosh you had a nice hot fire going again. We burned 10 cord of wood a year all off our land.

2009 thread. Closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.