1998 P-61

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

missing link

Hearth Supporter
Sep 17, 2008
W.Wareham,Ma
What's up ,
Just swapped out the Double fan Combustion Blower on the stove for a new single fan one with a double paddle blade in front. Wow what a difference no more high pitch screech , also while back there cleaned dist. blower out wasn't bad at all . Aside from contorting my body , hitting head on corner of stove LOL , job took 1hr.15 min .
Going from a smoke dragon for 35yrs ( it really was a clean burning stove) to a pellet stove, got to say HallaMUthF'n louya this this P-61 is the SHIZZZZ .
She performs as should ,the only thing that I can't figure out the damn new knob for my feed control won't fit I have another one that fits but it's not the same as stock one.
I love not having to adjust air intake, lugging arm loads of wood in, worrying about weather, now all I do is get her going set it and forget it !!!
Happy Thanksgiving , ML

Hello
I got the P61 auto Lite upgrade kit.
Do you like that idea?
See pics

Do you have the part # for the combustion fan you installed? Was it an aftermarket part? I'm curious to see if the fan is equally efficient with the double paddles vs the the 2 fans.

Do you have the part # for the combustion fan you installed? Was it an aftermarket part? I'm curious to see if the fan is equally efficient with the double paddles vs the the 2 fans.
Hi , yes the part # is OEM(3=21=08639) off Mountain View Hearth Products. I had original 2 fan out back( that bearing screamed) and there was a double bladed fan in front that I cut off. Now the stove is 98% quieter .
It's my first year using pellets as my heat source and I like it

Cutting the front fan off won't affect the cooling of the electric motor?

Cutting the front fan off won't affect the cooling of the electric motor?
I cut the actual paddle fan off the shaft ( only way to remove) from inside ash bin .
I'm new to the pellet world , Harman I guess the double fan motor was overkill and went with a single fan to the rear .
Mabey a Harman owner with more experience on the matter can explain the difference
ML

Reactions: Washed-Up
Ok I think I got it...you cut the fan off to remove the old motor(fire box side)....the new combustion motor only has one fan at the back outside the stove.

Reactions: missing link