2012-13 wood arrived tonight

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

devinsdad

Hearth Supporter
Sep 25, 2009
northern NY
My twenty twelve-thirteen wood was dropped today. My wood guy told me about a guy up in ellenburg center that will cut 'chipper' chains for both my saws too.

Attachments

• IMG_0060.jpg
    IMG_0060.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 490
devinsdad said:
My twenty twelve-thirteen wood was dropped today. My wood guy told me about a guy up in ellenburg center that will cut 'chipper' chains for both my saws too.

ok I will bite what is a chipper chain?

Chipper chain from my experience here in Wisconsin is what some of the old time cutters would call a square tooth saw chain ,,,,,,,,,,,,, I think they would say this just cause of the fact it would make a bigger wood chip then your round tooth chain would .

You have your work cut out for you now. Have fun! Get it split asap.

webie said:
Chipper chain from my experience here in Wisconsin is what some of the old time cutters would call a square tooth saw chain ,,,,,,,,,,,,, I think they would say this just cause of the fact it would make a bigger wood chip then your round tooth chain would .
That is my understanding. I guess they don't dull as quickly also.

I picked up a load of 20"x48" pallets tonight. perfect for single long rows

devinsdad said:
webie said:
That is my understanding. I guess they don't dull as quickly also.

I picked up a load of 20"x48" pallets tonight. perfect for single long rows

sounds like a full chisel chain in clean wood does very well, throws chipps instead of dust. Looks like you have your work cut out for you sort of speak. Update your pic's as you go...

I'm working on the wood storage bunker addition to my regular food/water storage bunker ;-) ssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Status
Not open for further replies.