2022-2023 BK everything thread

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question for all you BK folks. Being a belt and suspenders kind of guy, I'm thinking it might not be a bad idea to have a spare combustor in reserve. Problem is I can't seem to find anything when I do a web search on the part numbers (Combustor part number: 115-0336A-M or 115-0556) supplied in the user manual. Anyone know what I should be ordering, and where?
I agree that you should have a spare. I happily store the next cat just like I do the next roll of toilet paper. You don’t want to run out!

Lol, comparing cats to toilet paper. The essentials a modern human needs ;lol

On the topic of replacement combustors, can anybody confirm if the cats for the freestanding princess models are the same as the princess insert (PI29)? Or the older PI1010A insert? I've searched the firecat website and even google searched the OEM part number for the cat from the PI29 manual and have yet to find one online that specifically says it fits the PI29 princess insert. Thanks.

Call the dealer and the rheostat can easily be replaced. I think they are in stock, but I'm not in the office today to verify. Warranty issue is covered in the manual, by model.
I left a message with the dealer yesterday, and still waiting for a call back. Is the rheostat considered part of the fan assembly and covered under the 2 year warranty for the Ashford 25? If so, I'm just within the 2 years since I had the unit installed November 12, 2020.

I left a message with the dealer yesterday, and still waiting for a call back. Is the rheostat considered part of the fan assembly and covered under the 2 year warranty for the Ashford 25? If so, I'm just within the 2 years since I had the unit installed November 12, 2020.
I'll check with my staff and get back to you. PM your contact information so one of our folks can reach out...

doorlatch.jpgdoorlatch2.jpg
My son just bought a house with an older Blaze King Princess stove and when closing the door the latch does not force the door closed. Looked at the manual, and even with adjusing the threaded catch all the way in (as shown in the pictures), the door is still "open" and I cannot figure out what the issue is. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions and thank you for the help.

Brad

@BKVP?
It appears to me a part is missing here?

Is there a gasket in the door?
There is and it looks in good condition but I purchased another for it so could replace it. I see that there is an uprgraded door handle kit for it, but it does not appear from the photos that there is any difference in it so am hesitant to order:

There is and it looks in good condition but I purchased another for it so could replace it. I see that there is an upgraded door handle kit for it, but it does not appear from the photos that there is any difference in it so am hesitant to order:

That is not an upgrade. It's either an identical replacement or a new handle for the newer stoves that required a different degree of angle in the handle.

The handle passes through a black block on the door. Is that block secure and tight? If not, you can tighten it, the bolts are allen head bolts located under the gasket.

Post a picture of the door from the inside showing the gasket please.

BKVP

That is not an upgrade. It's either an identical replacement or a new handle for the newer stoves that required a different degree of angle in the handle.

The handle passes through a black block on the door. Is that block secure and tight? If not, you can tighten it, the bolts are allen head bolts located under the gasket.

Post a picture of the door from the inside showing the gasket please.

BKVP
The block did not appear overly loose (will check it when I have access again) and will post up another picture later today when my son gets off work. Thanks very much for the help....

Reactions: BKVP
I betcha the gasket is some off the shelf product that is not equivalent to the robust bk product. I wonder how much damage has been done running it with such a huge air leak?

I betcha the gasket is some off the shelf product that is not equivalent to the robust bk product. I wonder how much damage has been done running it with such a huge air leak?
Or the gasket isn't there...I'm waiting for images....

Reactions: Highbeam
Yes wrong gasket. Please visit with a Blaze King dealer. You need our dense 7/8" gasket and it appears to be a solid door and that gasket is also failing.

Reactions: jurgenk
Yes wrong gasket. Please visit with a Blaze King dealer. You need our dense 7/8" gasket and it appears to be a solid door and that gasket is also failing.
Have a email into my local dealer and so the procedure for replacing the other gasket would be the same as for replacing door glass?

Have a email into my local dealer and so the procedure for replacing the other gasket would be the same as for replacing door glass?
Yes, the door can be lifted off the stove and taken to the dealer. They can install both gaskets needed.

Reactions: jurgenk
Will be doing it myself and thank you very much for the help as it is much appreciated.
Here’s what it’s supposed to look like with bk gasket. It’s thick. This gasket is also a few years old with lots of use.

64AE430B-5B41-463E-825C-EECFF7212738.jpeg C8A4B192-4879-4213-B684-F11E64693413.jpeg

Reactions: Nealm66
Status
Not open for further replies.