2022/23 VC Owner thread

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh thank you! So the hole in the refractory was drilled by you??
no.. the that is just a gasket in the backthat is what the drill bit is for.. take the plug ou of the back of the stove and twis the bit through the gasket material.. the probe should slide through

Here’s pictures of my refit for VC encore 2040

5942059A-3E37-4E43-986E-A309543BD148.jpeg 7CE9E854-5B1A-4103-BC34-5EB1A62420D8.jpeg 0F89AE87-75DC-49E8-864D-06E463378E1D.jpeg B2A6F83B-4167-4449-9F66-833B4207B8C3.jpeg 80C3FD7D-F430-4D39-A0CC-D8FB4FA78DC7.jpeg

so the at 100 is the way to go. it has a 6ft cord so you'll be able to see it from outside of the fireplace. Once the cat is engaged and up to a good temperature like 1000 degrees.. are you turning the air back half or most of the way.. I have the 2040, mine is a little different but routinely get 10 to 12 hours burn time with my longest being 16 hours..
I have an AT100 in the cart. Then the thermocouple with the 6" probe. What connector type is it? Would it be spade or mini connector?

I have an AT100 in the cart. Then the thermocouple with the 6" probe. What connector type is it? Would it be spade or mini connector?
Kind of oddly it's neither. You have to cut off the connector strip the wires and put them into the connector on the AT100. It's not too hard. So just whichever is cheapest.

Kind of oddly it's neither. You have to cut off the connector strip the wires and put them into the connector on the AT100. It's not too hard. So just whichever is cheapest.
Perfect. And the mounting type shouldn't matter either would it? The probe just goes in to the hole that's already in the back of the stove? With another hole drilled through the heat shield

Perfect. And the mounting type shouldn't matter either would it? The probe just goes in to the hole that's already in the back of the stove? With another hole drilled through the heat shield
Yeah pretty much any way you can mount it will work. I ended up taking the bracket from VC's stock probe and bent it so it would hold the straight probe. Not too pretty but it's on the back of the stove where I can't see it.

Yeah pretty much any way you can mount it will work. I ended up taking the bracket from VC's stock probe and bent it so it would hold the straight probe. Not too pretty but it's on the back of the stove where I can't see it.
Okay awesome thank you. I never installed the stock probe because the stove is in my fireplace and I wouldn't be able to see it anyway. I'll make it work some way. Picture below of how it's set up

K-Type high temp probe?

20220916_165555.jpg

Awesome just ordered. I'm sure I'll have more questions so thanks in advance for the continued help. Feel like I get more efficient at this with each time. Going to be ready to go once the real cold gets here
One more question. Can I get at the hole with heat shield on or do I need to take it off?

I’m using my Auber AT100 for the first time and getting weird results. It stayed at ambient temp while the stove heated up and once I closed the damper it started going down. Went down to somewhere around -200F and then showed EEEE. I think it hit a minimum because once I reopened the damper it came back up and now reads -4F. Pretty sure I have it configured correctly. I have the K type thermocouple (WRNK-191) and I changed the input sensor parameter to K-type (looks like a backwards y). It was reading ambient temp ok but sometimes off by 5-10 degrees.

Has anyone else experienced this? I feel like I either got a faulty unit or I have it configured wrong somehow.

Sometimes mine reads an error and I unplug and plug back in then it works again.

I’m using my Auber AT100 for the first time and getting weird results. It stayed at ambient temp while the stove heated up and once I closed the damper it started going down. Went down to somewhere around -200F and then showed EEEE. I think it hit a minimum because once I reopened the damper it came back up and now reads -4F. Pretty sure I have it configured correctly. I have the K type thermocouple (WRNK-191) and I changed the input sensor parameter to K-type (looks like a backwards y). It was reading ambient temp ok but sometimes off by 5-10 degrees.

Has anyone else experienced this? I feel like I either got a faulty unit or I have it configured wrong somehow.

your wires are backwards

Status
Not open for further replies.