230 volt Enviro Windsor Auger Problem

  • Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

    We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

    We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Marcas

Member
Hearth Supporter
Jan 4, 2009
22
Ireland
I live in Ireland and have had an Enviro Windsor stove for 20 years. Everything on the stove works and it will operate for about 30-40 minutes and then go out. I have cleaned everything but the problem persists. The issue appears to be a slow auger motor which is simply not delivering enough pellets. I have three questions:
1. Does this diagnosis seem correct
2. Does anyone know where I could get a replacement 230v auger motor for my stove which is required for European countries. When I look at the company website it would appear that there are no longer any dealers on this side of the Atlantic.
3, Has anyone any suggestions of a workaround if a 230V motor is unavailable.
 
It could be that the motor is heating up and getting tired, is it the original? Do not know about 230V motors, if no dealer nearby, looks like the internet may be the answer. Good luck with her.
 
I w
I live in Ireland and have had an Enviro Windsor stove for 20 years. Everything on the stove works and it will operate for about 30-40 minutes and then go out. I have cleaned everything but the problem persists. The issue appears to be a slow auger motor which is simply not delivering enough pellets. I have three questions:
1. Does this diagnosis seem correct
2. Does anyone know where I could get a replacement 230v auger motor for my stove which is required for European countries. When I look at the company website it would appear that there are no longer any dealers on this side of the Atlantic.
3, Has anyone any suggestions of a workaround if a 230V motor is unavailable.
I would start with finding the part number, and then search. The motor only wants to run at it's rated speed, otherwise it will heat up. If it appears to run slow, it could be the gearbox or auger. If you can disconnect the motor and gearbox, you can check each part. My auger will run minimum 10 seconds each minute just to keep a flame. Check how long yours runs.