24 hours say it isn't so

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
imacman said:
jtakeman said:
imacman said:
jtakeman said:
....New boat is here on Saturday!! woohoo!!

Well, I know it's not a pellet stove, but as we say here....no pic=it didn't make it into the lake.

:) Pic's will be posted as soon as it lands in the drive way!

You must have some BIG puddles in your driveway. :cheese:

I live on the lake, So the water will be in the back drop. I'll wait until we splash it and snap a pic of my lil dude while he's drivin. ;-)

Waterbug said:
What software update could be so important that it couldn't wait until July ??? We've
lived without it so far.

actually its been a long time coming.

Been discussed and previewed for some time now.

Waterbug said:
What software update could be so important that it couldn't wait until July ??? We've lived without it so far.

July is when we get busy again - the last thing we want to do is test the new system when traffic is building up!

Traffic is slowing down and this is the best time to do it. The existing forum software is getting really old and, in fact, support for it from the maker stops on April 1.

That in itself is not a big deal, but the sooner we move and get things right, the better off our users will be. The new system has vastly improved features - especially the search. That means folks can find what they need faster and more accurately.

Webmaster said:
Waterbug said:
What software update could be so important that it couldn't wait until July ??? We've lived without it so far.

July is when we get busy again - the last thing we want to do is test the new system when traffic is building up!

Traffic is slowing down and this is the best time to do it. The existing forum software is getting really old and, in fact, support for it from the maker stops on April 1.

That in itself is not a big deal, but the sooner we move and get things right, the better off our users will be. The new system has vastly improved features - especially the search. That means folks can find what they need faster and more accurately.

You are in control here. Make it happen and we will be here when you are finished......

Any problems, all membership fees will be refunded upon request.

BrotherBart said:
Any problems, all membership fees will be refunded upon request.

...priceless :lol:

1D

Site was not working for a few hours earlier today.....I thought Craig decided to start early. :ahhh:

Had me worried too! I was just starting to sweat, When I finally got thru. Sat here for a whole hour trying to check the forum. Jitters? Heck yah! Drunk a pot of coffee and smoked a pack of smokes! Was just aabout ready to start crackin brews and hit the bottle of scotch!!

What the heck are we gonna do for a whole 24 hours?

Just hit a momentary bump in the road getting ready for the changeover.

Ask your doctor if Ativan is right for you.

fossil said:
Ask your doctor if Ativan is right for you.

Ativan? How about a van full of pellet pigs?

Attachments

• Capture2.jpg
    Capture2.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 187
It always frightens me how one character or slight setting can take this whole thing down!

I was fiddling with something and changed one setting. I even came back and checked the forum and it was up and running...but I didn't click a link here! Luckily, BB and BG emailed me and BB called me on the phone!!

He must have sensed that I wasn't getting my email quickly......

Oh, well, that's the first burp of MANY.

Well some of you could look for ways of cutting down on your pellet consumption or getting that room that never quite seems comfortable, comfortable.

And to our Webmaster those rewrite rules can really nail your hide to the wall and totally confuse Google's system when you make a mistakey.

SmokeyTheBear said:
Well some of you could look for ways of cutting down on your pellet consumption or getting that room that never quite seems comfortable, comfortable.

And to our Webmaster those rewrite rules can really nail your hide to the wall and totally confuse Google's system when you make a mistakey.

Heck, they could even get romantic with their spouses - or someone else!

They could watch a movie.......meditate, soak in a hot tub, etc.....

Yeah, when we move to the new forum we are actually going to redirect every single thread here - from the old forum - to the same thread in the new forum! This will be needed mostly because of internal links in the forum - that is, threads here link to other threads here......and always will....I guess that means I'll have to keep those redirects in forever....

Webmaster said:
SmokeyTheBear said:

Heck, they could even get romantic with their spouses - or someone else!

They could watch a movie.......meditate, soak in a hot tub, etc.....

Yeah, when we move to the new forum we are actually going to redirect every single thread here - from the old forum - to the same thread in the new forum! This will be needed mostly because of internal links in the forum - that is, threads here link to other threads here......and always will....I guess that means I'll have to keep those redirects in forever....

If they get too frisky they usually result in redirection loops and most browsers and spiders start hacking up fur balls.

Once you redirect you always redirect or go down the path of Google purgatory for missing link targets and that is a mark against a Website in the eyes of the Google.

Cmon ladies stop the belly aching. You'll all still be able to read
the forums.

Heck I remember the last move. All of the old stuff disappeared. Not like this one where more than you could ever believe is going into having all of the old posts and log-ins available in the new format.

Are there going to be problems? Bet your butt on it. Will they get fixed. Same bet. Gonna be an interesting week around here.

Wishing you guys the best of luck in the move!!

Gonna miss checking every day tho!!

Status
Not open for further replies.