25pdvc

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Going to take shop vac and put the hose in pipe suck it out but did that last month.Then double check everything in stove if that don't work then but a new stove.
I use a piece of plastic 3/8 tubing duct taped to the end of the hose. Primitive but it works

Can you post a closeup of the switch and wires? Assuming the new switch is good. And the wires are on the correct terminals. The hose is on the grey/white nipple and said hose is clear and the port it connects to in the firebox is clear. Check all the pathes through the stove and clean every nook and cranny. Then pull the combustion blower and clean in the chamber and impeller. Then check the vent and make sure it is clean and no dead critters or birds nests

Just curious where you at in Pa. That is where I am at.
Went to do a deep clean on stove now my plate in stove where the impengmemt plate hangs on it has a crack on top.Is it still ok to use

Attachments

• 1549402467733-552885285.jpg
    1549402467733-552885285.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 85
Is that the impingement plate or the fire box behind the plate? If it’s the plate I’d replace it. If it’s the box I’d be getting the welder out.

Is that the impingement plate or the fire box behind the plate? If it’s the plate I’d replace it. If it’s the box I’d be getting the welder out.
Behind the plate i got one of those cheap 115v mig welders not sure if that would do it
15494085719911470719594.jpg
guess i can weld it in doors hooked up

Wow Harley thats a big crack! How much did it warp? The impingement plate still fit properly? Did the stove overfire? Looks like a lot of corrosion to.

Wow Harley thats a big crack! How much did it warp? The impingement plate still fit properly? Did the stove overfire? Looks like a lot of corrosion to.
The plate still fits the corrosion must from the pellets I'm burning not sure it overfired a few times it would light have a pile of pellets in burn pot then it would go into a E2 code i just put new igniter in got 2 pack for 30.00 new still got one left.I was thinking of getting a new stove if that top is warped out not sure if that effects the burn and i put a new control panel in last year now i see they went.up in price like 40.00 more

If your impingement plate fits i would tac the crack on top and bottom and finish the season and look for another stove this summer. You wont be able to take it apart unless you have a plasma cutter and a good welder. That wall is built before the heat exchanger and rear wall are welded in. It can be done but cost will be more than a new stove.

That's what i thought i can get the tip of my finger in between the warp and fell the gap guess i will be looking for a stove man i hate this first my water line coming into house broke under ground that going to cost $3400
00 to get fix and now this well guess I'll ne looking for a new one not sure what i want to get but if i get a used one again i will be picking it apart

For now i took a small hyd bottle jack got it in on a angle and push back the warped part and welded the crack
If your impingement plate fits i would tac the crack on top and bottom and finish the season and look for another stove this summer. You wont be able to take it apart unless you have a plasma cutter and a good welder. That wall is built before the heat exchanger and rear wall are welded in. It can be done but cost will be more than a new stove.

Nice! Watch it the rest of the season and see how it goes. If it doesn’t change how it heats and don’t crack again id run it.

I'll keep a eye on it i put the pellet feed on 3 was on 4 to many were pileing up before it lit ans it would look like a bonfire.So far it been holding up

My '01 unit is bowed out a little to at the top, where the impingement plate hangs like the picture here. But not cracked there.
Mine is cracked at each of the bottom corners of the heat exchanger window behind the impingement plate. Only really see them when I take the plate off to clean. Stove works fine, no issues what so ever.
I just take it as it's an 18 year old stove that has seen quite a few thermal heat cycles in it's life time.. I just keep an eye on mine.
Starting to think about getting another one sooner or later.