3"-5" of snow forecast for Birmingham AL

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it got here.

Edit: 6" and still snowing. I know it's a dusting compared to you folks up north, but it nearly shuts things down around here. DO NOT WANT.

I saw it on TV. Lot of cars slidding around. Stay home if you can. How often does Alabama get snow?

burntime said:
Well in WI we usually get dumped on... I have a fleet on duty! A 42 inch single on the tractor and the walkbehind is backup at 38 inchs and 13hp. Snow, I laugh at friggin snow! :lol:

MN and WI get some snow. You got the big stuff for moving the snow. I do not understand why the south does not get some good road snow plows to handle the ice and snow they are having now?

I have need to move stuff around the yard and would rather not have to do a more massive snowblowing job. If big snow would hold off a couple weeks, I'd appreciate it.

See what you guys can do for me on that score.

CALJREICH said:
I saw it on TV. Lot of cars slidding around. Stay home if you can. How often does Alabama get snow?
Normally, 1-2 light snows a year. But we had 3" on Christmas Eve/Day. Last night - got 6-8". BIG for here. Nothing is moving. Road crews have been sent back to shop b/c too dangerous - LOL. We don't have salt anyway - just sand. A County Commission issued an official proclamation - "The roads are impassable!" That really helps. LOL

We got about 8" in wNC and it's still snowing. Nothing better than a snowy Monday home with the boy. He still got skooled. Snowballs 101 :lol:

I don't know when they'll plow and I don't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.