36°, partly sunny. What a change

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogydave

Minister of Fire
Dec 4, 2009
So Cent ALASKA
A little windy but a nice day :)

1-2dywtr.jpg

Reactions: zap
In another week we should have that.

And once again Alaska is warmer than we are. Weird, but it happens. Enjoy it Dave.

Reactions: ScotO and raybonz
Got up to 30* here with no wind. Stove is just about shut down. Made a small fire (3 small splits) this morning and it's still 75* in the house. About ready to open a window!

Forecast is saying in the 40s for Sunday?!

Holy heat wave! Post a pic in your bermudas Dave. Uhhhhh on second thought, never mind.==c A C

Reactions: ScotO
Wow, that's a big change. Those temps look positively civilized. It should put a nice fresh glaze on the ice skating lake.

Reactions: ScotO
+43° * * * * WOW. "Liquid water"
Snow melting drive way has puddled water. :eek:
12day wtr.jpg

It's quite typical to have a mid winter thaw from what I can remember?

I know last year we had one just before Christmas. I remember scraping several inches of slush off my driveway.
This year isn't so bad since we have almost no snow. Whatever we did get pretty much blew away!
My yard is almost all grass other than where some drifts had piled up. Driveway is bare pavement and mostly dry!

It would be downright beautiful if it wasn't overcast and blowing 20mph! My weather station is saying with the wind factored in it's only 25*

Status
Not open for further replies.