4-way wedge compatibility with splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dvellone

Feeling the Heat
Sep 21, 2006
Not certain if this is the correct forum...
Just purchased a Countyline 25 ton splitter and can't find any info regarding the use of a 4-way wedge on this model. I understand some splitters aren't recommended to be used with a 4-way wedge. Thanks

I do not own your brand splitter. But the splitter i own, the manufacturer makes a specific 4 way for it.
You can use a 4 way on any splitter., 20 tons and up, BUT YOU CANT RUN ANY SIZE WOOD THROUGH IT. Example you can take a 10in round and run it through a 4 way, its not recommended to be running 20 to 25 in rounds of oak through one. I wouldnt be running any medium size twisted grain wood through it neather just to be safe. You need to use your head and common sense. Or youll be like some others and bend your beam or break the wedge.. then complain about the manufacturer...ect...I can swap from 4 back to a straight wedge in anout 10 seconds. I would do a search to fined a aftermarket 4 way or maybe someone with a countyline will chime in.. the DHT 4 way is what im using on one of my splitters..

4way wedge
there is also a log cradle available

Last edited: