5 year old Enviro EF4 pellet insert Is it a good investment

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hearthtools said:
I am happy what I am seeing in the Enviro line of stoves.

Rod,

Me too! The M55 control is pretty slick. I am hoping they upgrade the Omega's too! I would like the flexability of the combustion blower speed adjustment. Might help the crap pellet burns and the corn burns too! The Omega is one sweet stove but the M55 has the new bells and whistles added.

jay

Coldmom said:
How big is your house? Does the Invicible do a good job heating? WHat about the size of the hopper. I thought the price seemed a bit high too but I guess he redoes the stove here's his reply

Hello. I have several Harman pellet stoves for sale, as I DO refurbish them for resale. I have reconditioned 60 or more stove in the last year, and year built has nothing to do with the decision to refurbish a stove. Condition is everything. This stove is a perfect example of a well cared for and simply new condition stove after It has been reconditioned. The stove was built about 10 years ago, but looks new. I have some flex pipe, but I am not gauranteed to have some when you are ready to make purchase....as I sell several. No hearth pad, and serial # is irrelevant. You may get that at point of viewing.

I don't think they sell this one anyone how much do you think is a similar new stove?

thanks

Alexia

Our house is 1700 SF. It is somewhat cut up and the heat doesn't move between rooms very well. Mine is 55,000 BTU rated and it does put out a lot of heat when turned up to high. It also eats a lot of pellets because it never shuts down during the day even if the room is up to temp. This is the other reason why I would search out a stove with a igniter in it. You might think that with a pellet stove just running on the lowest setting that it wouldn't eat many pellets but you would be wrong. I don't know what the Invincibles went for new but my guess is a 10 year old stove probably sold for 2,000 to 2,500. The new ones, not named Invincible, are going for 3,500 to 4,000 new. I would be asking this stove rebuilder what all he does to rebuild a stove. How long a stove warranty does he offer up and is it just parts or does he have someone come and put them in if needed. Does he deliver it for his price? Age does play a part in what a stove is worth, rebuilt or not. The older they become the better a chance you have of having trouble finding parts. On the plus side I think the older stoves were built better and thus the term tank comes into play.

Who is going to do the install?

Bkins

Bkins said:
Coldmom said:
How big is your house? Does the Invicible do a good job heating? WHat about the size of the hopper. I thought the price seemed a bit high too but I guess he redoes the stove here's his reply

Hello. I have several Harman pellet stoves for sale, as I DO refurbish them for resale. I have reconditioned 60 or more stove in the last year, and year built has nothing to do with the decision to refurbish a stove. Condition is everything. This stove is a perfect example of a well cared for and simply new condition stove after It has been reconditioned. The stove was built about 10 years ago, but looks new. I have some flex pipe, but I am not gauranteed to have some when you are ready to make purchase....as I sell several. No hearth pad, and serial # is irrelevant. You may get that at point of viewing.

I don't think they sell this one anyone how much do you think is a similar new stove?

thanks

Alexia

Our house is 1700 SF. It is somewhat cut up and the heat doesn't move between rooms very well. Mine is 55,000 BTU rated and it does put out a lot of heat when turned up to high. It also eats a lot of pellets because it never shuts down during the day even if the room is up to temp. This is the other reason why I would search out a stove with a igniter in it. You might think that with a pellet stove just running on the lowest setting that it wouldn't eat many pellets but you would be wrong. I don't know what the Invincibles went for new but my guess is a 10 year old stove probably sold for 2,000 to 2,500. The new ones, not named Invincible, are going for 3,500 to 4,000 new. I would be asking this stove rebuilder what all he does to rebuild a stove. How long a stove warranty does he offer up and is it just parts or does he have someone come and put them in if needed. Does he deliver it for his price? Age does play a part in what a stove is worth, rebuilt or not. The older they become the better a chance you have of having trouble finding parts. On the plus side I think the older stoves were built better and thus the term tank comes into play.

Who is going to do the install?

Bkins

the advantage to the EF2,3 and 4 is they do not use a control board
they have timers and switches that can be found anywere
blowers are easy to find.

Hi Everyone

OK looking for thoughts on this stove. Breckwell Hearth Products Pellet Stove Insert Model P231 Serial No. WH-231-2936. Its for sale for $1200 used 3 seasons.

My house is 2400 sq. ft and looking to take the edge off heating bills and keep the house at a wamer temp.

Thanks for your help

Alexia

ColdMom,

3 things:

1. I still don't think the P23 is enough stove for the size house that you're trying to warm

2. Have you measured your fireplace opening so you know what size insert will fit?

3. A brand new P23I can be bought with free shipping for $1800 & change

I'm sending you a PM

Status
Not open for further replies.