55-TRP22 49-TRCPM 55-TRPEP opinions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Sorjanen

Sep 21, 2012
Moscow Maine
Out of the three stoves listed what are the opinions on each? I really like the looks of the 55-trpep, it would be the most expensive of the three. Just trying to find the pros and cons of them. I realize the trcpm is multifuel. Just throwing it out here, for a possible summer purchase.

Actually, the CPM is the most expensive of the three ....normally about $300 more than the EP.

You've considered the factory refurbs from AMFM? You can get an EP refurb for $500 less than what Lowes is charging, and $200 less than the CPM refurb.

The CPM will burn anything, the TRP22 is a flagship model, and the EP looks the best and prob has the best heat exchange system.

But, don't go based on the sq ft ratings. Go based on the BTU ratings, and account for efficiency.

How well does your Lancaster do? Are you replacing this stove? Or adding a second?

Actually, the CPM is the most expensive of the three ....normally about $300 more than the EP.

You've considered the factory refurbs from AMFM? You can get an EP refurb for $500 less than what Lowes is charging, and $200 less than the CPM refurb.
agree on the refurb but looking online no EP's in stock so if that was the case would go new on that one, so that would be the most expensive right now. But if they had refurbs would look into that.

The CPM will burn anything, the TRP22 is a flagship model, and the EP looks the best and prob has the best heat exchange system.

But, don't go based on the sq ft ratings. Go based on the BTU ratings, and account for efficiency.

How well does your Lancaster do? Are you replacing this stove? Or adding a second?
Dex my Lancaster does fine, have to push it alittle when it is very cold and windy. When very cold I mix corn in with the pellets. I would be looking to replace the Lancaster in its location. The Lancaster might move to my shed/work area or go to my daughters place as a secondary heat source.

I thought you were waiting until summer to purchase? I'll bet they have them then after the winter burning season is over.
I am waiting till summer just forgot about looking on e-bay
Just have to figure out which one we want, wife saw a 55-trp22 and liked the looks of that also.

I am waiting till summer just forgot about looking on e-bay
Just have to figure out which one we want, wife saw a 55-trp22 and liked the looks of that also.
The 55-trp22, although a good unit, is one of the older designs Englander makes. The 55-trpep and the cpm are the more modern, single auger, top feed designs. I'd tend to lean in those directions.

The 55-trp22, although a good unit, is one of the older designs Englander makes. The 55-trpep and the cpm are the more modern, single auger, top feed designs. I'd tend to lean in those directions.
That is sort of what I was thinking also. The 55-trpep would heat this place easy I would think a little more BTU's than the Lancaster, and that heated this place at times had to mix in corn but not a big problem. thanks for the input

slvrblkk thank you for the post about e-bay will have to check that out this summer. I see you have the same stove how are you liking it? I only have to heat about 1100 sf. My wife and I liked the looks of this one.

I LOVE my stove...We have a 2000 sq.ft. house and it's in our main living area with four bedrooms upstairs where the heat goes as well. It's a new house that we built about 6 years ago. It actually kept our house between 70-74 even on the coldest days this year. Like imacman said, I would probably stick with one of the newer designs like the EP or the CPM from AMFM...and you have the best customer service right here on the board with Mike being here.

guys, i'll be plain and simple, let me know when you want to buy through amfm i do virtually all of the refurbs he sells especially in the summer. tell me when and which one you intend to get and i'll make sure i do it personally.

call it a "hearth.com members bennie"

guys, i'll be plain and simple, let me know when you want to buy through amfm i do virtually all of the refurbs he sells especially in the summer. tell me when and which one you intend to get and i'll make sure i do it personally.

Bob, you can't get more personalized service than that!! :)

imacman this is why I want to go with an englander stove. with the knowledge from the this forum and especially with the help from Mike, who goes out of his way to help even when he is very busy at work, and the service from englander. my daughter has an englander and Mike has given me info for hers and her calls to englander have been very helpful. there are not many other companies that would be that helpful. some won't help at all just tell you to see your dealer.

Reactions: slvrblkk
Englander service has to be worth as much or more than any potential benefits a more costly stove would provide. The factory support policies of some of the high end makers are an insult and embarrassment in comparison.

Englander service has to be worth as much or more than any potential benefits a more costly stove would provide. The factory support policies of some of the high end makers are an insult and embarrassment in comparison.
I couldn't agree with you more. and it seems that englander stoves heat just as well as the more higher priced ones out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.