70 degrees and a black cherry

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TheAardvark

Burning Hunk
Oct 26, 2015
Central PA
Since we had a gift of a 70 degree day in February I took a walk in the woods and found a blown down black cherry. It was too perfect of a day to pass it up, so I got the truck and chainsaw down there. I really like black cherry wood. I think it smells like candy.

20170224_095324.jpg
20170224_111712.jpg

Very nice. Have some cherry in my stacks for next year. Looking forward to burning it.

Last edited:
I love cherry. Cut and burn a ton of it. Bunch in the stacks, more waiting to be split and tons still in the bush. Nice tree and stacking.

So nice, nice job. Just unbelievable this weather. I am a Penguins fan and was wondering about the weather for their outdoor game tonight, but saw on tv it is supposed to drop to 38 degrees for puck drop; could you imagine if they would have played in the warm weather we have, it would've been a slush bowl !