8" of snow!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

syd3006

Jan 20, 2008
Northwestern Ontario
Woke up this morning to 8" of fresh snow!!! Have been trying to post a picture but can't get it to work so am giving up. Filled the woodbox to overflowing when I heard it was coming. Got a nice fire going. Don't have to work till Monday. Birds are busy trying to empty their feeders outside my living room window. Church is just a 5 minute walk in the morning. Snow will be gone soon. Like an old freind once told me "might as well laugh as cry". Life ain't so bad...

No 8" here but the wind is whipping with snow showers. Just fired up the stove since the furnace has been kicking on since last night.

I'll be firing up the stove again here too. Furnace has been turned off, but it's definitely chilly and windy.

For the next few days, I'll need the stove to take the chill off.

Well, maybe...just maybe...our winter here is finally starting to give up. Should be in the mid-60's this weekend, though it's still below freezing every night, and will be for a while yet. Burning both stoves for a few hours every morning. Chance of snow/rain showers coming next week, with lower temps. I'm pretty tired of it, although I guess I can't complain too loudly, as there was no new snow on the ground this morning. Stay warm! Rick

OOFA!
shocked-smiley-9469.gif
So much for global warming, eh.............

The longer trend is what needs to be looked at, not a couple year aberration. This large la nina event is quite the opposite of the huge la nino event of ten years ago. That year our bees swarmed, in late February! Never experienced that before. Now we are getting the opposite swing of the pendulum with a very strong la nina. These are related ocean cycles and not necessarily directly linked to atmospheric accumulations.

Honestly, I'm still a little jealous of your snow.

It's beautiful here... blue skies and mid 60's... AND MY ALLERGIES ARE MAKING ME MISERABLE!!!

I think I'm going to be renting a splitter next weekend if the weather holds. Have a couple cords of wood in my driveway to get split and stacked.

-SF

SlyFerret said:
Honestly, I'm still a little jealous of your snow.

It's beautiful here... blue skies and mid 60's... AND MY ALLERGIES ARE MAKING ME MISERABLE!!!

I think I'm going to be renting a splitter next weekend if the weather holds. Have a couple cords of wood in my driveway to get split and stacked.

-SF

i am with you

Syd: I have a sister in Ft.St James in the north of this province. only went to visit her once during the winter once in the past 30 years... too damn cold for me. When you have to walk slowly instead of running cause your lungs might freeze,that ain`t my kind of planet :blank: And just like you, they recently had more snow.

Therefore, my condolences.........

I also see where parts of South Dakota got up to 20" of the albino rain... We had plenty this winter and need no more. But, our stove is cooking again too. Still, that is normal as we usually have to heat well into May. Glad I could get out and ride the bike during our recent warm spell. Now I can rest a few more day before hitting it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.