a couple recyled wood racks...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

guts and glory

Jan 3, 2014
Orange county Ny
Been busy sourcing wood but I came across a few good ideas in the process....freebies!!

Attachments

• firewood ring1.jpg
    firewood ring1.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 264
  • old bed frame.jpg
    old bed frame.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 248
  • old bed frame1.jpg
    old bed frame1.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 253
  • firewood ring.jpg
    firewood ring.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 310
Reactions: TreePointer
Is that a man cage from a Nuclear plant? That is the nicest looking log hoop Ive seen yet! How could you get something like that for free unless you were paid to take it down? Thats amazing workmanship!! GOOD JOB! My father would have liked to have met you!

Reactions: guts and glory
Thats a couple thousand dollars worth of scrap iron...lol. I just read your avatar, how are you gonna make a TO30 into a 30hp splitter? What is a TO30? I have a TO35 and I cant find any information on it. It says Harry Ferguson on the engine plates and serial plate but the numbers dont match anything in the owners manual or in tractor blue books. Its a gas Continental engine and it sucks gas!! Do you know anything about them?

Oh...lol..again I was just reading about Harry Ferguson, that he died in 1960. I have a MF65 that I have 2 mechanics working on. It was built in 1960. I didnt realize it till just a little while ago. The 65 is my pet.

Lol... The hoops were cut off from the footing steel for the New Tappan Zee bridge. Massive amounts of rebar in that baby! I got the chance to sneak a few home and had some fun with them, glad you like it... I'm thinking an old BBQ Frame would make A decent rack too...
The tractor is pretty much a Ford 9N with different colors... Harry Ferguson had a deal with old man Ford and got weaseld... Mine isthe same, no badging no tags, I didn't even know what it was when I bought it... Lol.

I have a working hydraulic press that I'm cannibalizing to make a beast of a splitter... Hoping to do a photo build of it and post it. I'm shooting for a log lifter and all to fit the3 point hitch... Unless I can score an entact one cheap...

Reactions: Applesister
Here's the footing steel zoomed out a little... The longitudinal bar is 2 60 footers and a 36 footer... The 60' bads are about 800 pounds each! Total weight is 25 tons!

Attachments

• IMG_20140507_140701_992.jpg
    IMG_20140507_140701_992.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 100
Reactions: Applesister
25 Tons is alot of log hoops!! The Tappan Zee bridge is an impressive story indeed! I knew it!! My father built bridges too. I recognized the rebar. Those are some cool pics!!! The Henry Ford/ Harry Fergusons famous "Handshake Deal" lol. Yup Ive read about that. I have a 9N and the serial number on that dates it to 1939 which is the year they started making them. The grill has an emblem that says Ferguson System on it. If you sell your tractor at some time in the future, people love to have impliments in operating condition to go with them. I would die for a splitter to run off either of those tractors. It makes the tractors "value added". I would say go for it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.