A Good Day to Use the Toilet

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JohnDolz

Minister of Fire
Dec 29, 2015
Burlington, CT
My loglift has needed repair but luckily my friend is a welder. Unfortunately he has been working on it for 3 years. Thought I would share a laugh with what we call the toilet and how it is used - my wife decided to play a bit with her GoPro (result below). My neighbor put in a pol which resulted in about 10 - 15 cord of wood but much was 30"+ and gnarly. No splitting the gnarly suff by hand so the toilet has been a lifesaver!

I think you would be better served by putting a boot to your welding buddies backside!

I think you would be better served by putting a boot to your welding buddies backside!
I just consider it Crossfit Training, people pay lots of $'s for those classes. When I add that savings in with the savings on fossil fuel my ROI gets shorter!

Reactions: Tar12
I just consider it Crossfit Training, people pay lots of $'s for those classes. When I add that savings in with the savings on fossil fuel my ROI gets shorter!
I used a 10 foot 2x10 wwith a couple of drop bolts holding it to the bottom flange on the I beam,worked slick and could remove simply by lifting up on it and pulling back. a table welded to the beam opposite of the side you work off of catches those big pcs as they go through the wedge and no more picking them off the ground again

My loglift has needed repair but luckily my friend is a welder. Unfortunately he has been working on it for 3 years. Thought I would share a laugh with what we call the toilet and how it is used - my wife decided to play a bit with her GoPro (result below). My neighbor put in a pol which resulted in about 10 - 15 cord of wood but much was 30"+ and gnarly. No splitting the gnarly suff by hand so the toilet has been a lifesaver!

Fun. I didn't see a toilet though. False advertising.

Fun. I didn't see a toilet though. False advertising.
Take a look at what I am sitting on at the end, , my wife dubbed it the toilet:).

Reactions: Easy Livin’ 3000

I will assume that was a lead in joke. Else..... IMHO..... three years..... that is just stupid.

Last edited:
I will assume that was a lead in joke. Else..... IMHO..... three years..... that is just stupid.
Actually not a joke just sometimes what happens when we try to save money rather than pay someone to do something. Obviously if it was important to me I would have had it fixed a long time ago.

Thanks John for the fun video.
Glad you enjoyed it and appreciate the word fun - the day this stops being fun is the day I am back on propane:).

Reactions: D8Chumley