A great ash score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2011
SW Michigan
My brother was telling a friend of my impending boiler installation with his friend's response as, "Hey, does he want any ash...? I have a lot of it". Well, brother relays the information to me and I tell him I'll check it out, thinking I can wait to see if the stuff is still around in the spring considering I don't have the time now. Well, let's just say I haven't closed my mouth in awe since!

IMG_0959.JPG

Told the friend, who I already knew, to just tell me when I need to stop. Have already taken 3 loads and there is still about 55 feet in length of the logs you see in the picture. Hopefully, the others he has offered the wood to are just making shovel handles, want to wittle or something similar. In the meantime, I'm getting back there whenever I can!

Also, my inventory so far

IMG_0960.JPG

That is jaw dropping! He must have cleaned up a bunch of EAB. Terrible to see all the loss of trees, but very good to see you get a benefit. It's an excellent solution.

I would have "LIKED" your post if it wasn't so heart breaking to see every ash tree in Michigan die. I have been heating with ash for a few years with many more in the future. GREAT SCORE!!

Yeah, it's a shame about the borer (it's almost here, too) but that is one helluva score, so that's cool! :cool:

Nice score. Hope that borer is eradicated soon in your area. It's here too but not as bad. I still have a few decent size ash on my property.

Status
Not open for further replies.