A little Prayer!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amen brother! Well said!

I'm not a vet, but I salute ALL of the men and women who serve. So everyone, take a minute to reflect on your life today. Look at what you have....not just 'material' things, but look at your kids. Look at your life......we owe a HUGE debt to our servicemen and women for those things.

Thank a veteran today......take a moment and salute that American flag hanging on your front porch. Not just to salute it, but to really know what our servicemen and women have gone through to earn that flag....to keep and protect it.....

Take a moment when driving by the cemetery to pause and reflect on all those little Memorial flags throughout......and always remember, freedom isn't free at all. It's the most expensive thing on the planet!!

May those who have served and died rest in peace, may God Bless those who served and still live, those who continue to serve, and those that are just beginning their service to our beloved Country.....

Happy Memorial Day....

I know that the distinction between the two days may seem a bit subtle, and has blurred over time...but today, Memorial Day, is to remember and honor those men and women who have died while serving in the US Armed Forces. Those of us who have served/are serving and lived to tell about it have our own day, Veterans' Day, every November. Rick (30yrs USN)

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
I know that the distinction between the two days may seem a bit subtle, and has blurred over time...but today, Memorial Day, is to remember and honor those men and women who have died while serving in the US Armed Forces. Those of us who have served/are serving and lived to tell about it have our own day, Veterans' Day, every November. Rick (30yrs USN)
I know that Rick. But I like to honor them ALL on BOTH of those days......;)
I think our servicemen and women (whether deceased or still surviving still) deserve more honor than a day or two a year anyway....

Reactions: WeldrDave
Those of us who have served/are serving and lived to tell about it have our own day, Veterans' Day, every November. Rick (30yrs USN)
I too am aware, very much, 24+ years and still going.......I had a first cousin never made it home from vietnam! I thought it was a good day to remember "all" our Vets, and ask them to say a prayer for our fallen family.

I wasn't (nor am I) discouraging anyone from observing whatever day in whatever way they deem appropriate. Simply bringing the fact to folks' attention who may not be aware of the origins/history of the two separate national holidays. Carry on, Coastie, you've dang near made a career of it :cool: ...and for gosh sakes, be careful out there. (I've always had the deepest admiration/appreciation for what the USCG does. Came this close to going to Government Island instead of RTC/NTC San Diego in 1969).

Amen brother! Well said!

I'm not a vet, but I salute ALL of the men and women who serve. So everyone, take a minute to reflect on your life today. Look at what you have....not just 'material' things, but look at your kids. Look at your life......we owe a HUGE debt to our servicemen and women for those things.

Thank a veteran today......take a moment and salute that American flag hanging on your front porch. Not just to salute it, but to really know what our servicemen and women have gone through to earn that flag....to keep and protect it.....

Take a moment when driving by the cemetery to pause and reflect on all those little Memorial flags throughout......and always remember, freedom isn't free at all. It's the most expensive thing on the planet!!

May those who have served and died rest in peace, may God Bless those who served and still live, those who continue to serve, and those that are just beginning their service to our beloved Country.....

Happy Memorial Day....
Well said Scotty:)

Carry on, Coastie
Thank you Rick;ex;)... Little note, I too was USN, Hull Tech, and on a "steam" knox class for my first tour so I do have some old school behind me. Funny thing is, I spent MUCH more time underway in the CG than the Navy, on the big white cutters, were gone two months out and two in........ yup 6 months a year underway.
I'm to old for that now, they put me out to pasture on a inspectors jobo_O

Reactions: fossil and ScotO
Amen brother! Well said!

Happy Memorial Day....

Well said Scotty and fossil.

Like Scotty, I also am not a veteran but not because I chose that route. I went to Fort Wayne in Detroit, Mi 2 times and they turned me down both times because I could not pass the physical. It hurt at the time but I got over it. We have 2 sons and one was in the Air Force and the other in the Navy so they made me proud.

I also have always appreciated that every Memorial Day the veterans graves have flags.

Status
Not open for further replies.