A personal update....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Too late BG....I got a 2015 Volt yesterday. Only 16k miles. Premium trim. Gray exterior, black leather interior.

When fully charged this morning (they gave it to me with zero SOC) the GOM said 32 miles. When I drove 16 miles, it said 14 miles.

We are still sorting the most efficient cabin heat settings.

It appeared to fully charge in 4 hours at 240V...which was faster than I thought. I've got a drivetrain warranty until 6/2021 to worry about the battery.

Previous owner managed 128 mpg over three years.

Congratulations. That's low mileage. Your new car sounds similar to ours which is silver + black leather interior. Battery mileage really suffers in winter due to heating. In summer we are seeing 40-41 mile range. No worries on the battery. GM is very conservative with it's rating and babies it.

When you drive the car leave it in L all the time. We never use the D setting. That will feel a bit more like the regen braking you were used to with the Bolt.

Glad to hear you are in one piece. I look forward to your well reasoned technical posts.

I would not begin to presume to give you advice on relations, except to wish you better luck, and to note this too shall pass

Last edited:
Reactions: woodgeek
I agree, it will pass. When I was 13, my brother died (age 21), a week before I got married, my sister died (age 34) another sister (age 65) died in 2013. My mother is 88 and survived 3 of her 4 kids. Mother lost her father, 2 brothers and sister in WWII due to friendly fire. She still gets up every day making the best of it.

Reactions: woodgeek
She still gets up every day making the best of it.

What else can one do? And as I said before (jinx) everyone has problems! I am LUCKY. I have two kids that I love and that love me. They have issues but are healthy enough and appear resilient. We went ice skating today, and I ice skated for the very first time in my life today....my kids coaching me.

And I have a 'new to me' gangsta car.

What else can one do? And as I said before (jinx) everyone has problems! I am LUCKY. I have two kids that I love and that love me. They have issues but are healthy enough and appear resilient. We went ice skating today, and I ice skated for the very first time in my life today....my kids coaching me.

And I have a 'new to me' gangsta car.
The point I was trying to make is that these kind of wounds never heal, you will never get used to it, but you will learn to live with it. Without self medication.