A personal update....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Spoken like a true veteran Hogz! No hoovers yet (for the rest of you, that would be her getting on her knees and begging for me to reconcile). So I assume that at least one 'boyfriend' is still in the picture. Also no sign that the (most recent) other man has been made a legit BF yet....I spread his name around with the friends and in-laws and she has denied any affair with him, of course, her being such a very good girl. So making him legit could be iffy.

Given her family and army of acolytes (sometimes used to attack or spy on me, aka 'flying monkeys'), I also think they would rebuke her if she tried to reconcile with (hoover) me.

Given the above, I suspect that she is probably dredging up a new, fresh man/host for narcissistic supply, who will be made a legit BF in coming months (we are separated 5 months already). If the latest other man is still (secretly) in the picture, she will probably keep him as a secret side piece as long as he will stand that.

With luck I will be divorced in a few more months, and when I am ready/healed I will be wealthy eligible bachelor with solid character, two loving daughters, a (robust) sense of humor, an elite career and a steady income.
then follow Stuart Woods and be the new "Stone Barrington" ?

Reactions: woodgeek
Talking is the best therapy there is. You need to be open and honest with the kids, thay are old enough that no question should be off limits,
As for friends, REAL friends will remain the others you don't need anyway. Hang in there, it WILL get better trust me.

Reading this thread . . . all I can say is just how truly fortunate I am with my spouse. First real relationship . . . and in looking back I realize I could have been used and abused quite easily as I was rather naive back then, but she wasn't and isn't that sort of person. I count myself lucky every day I spend with her.

For those of you going through the tough times . . . hang in there.

all I can say is just how truly fortunate I am with my spouse. First real relationship . . . and in looking back I realize I could have been used and abused quite easily as I was rather naive back then, but she wasn't and isn't that sort of person. I count myself lucky every day I spend with her.

Don't forget to tell her!

Don't forget to tell her!

I do . . . every day.

Sometimes I razz her about not telling me every day that she loves me and appreciates me . . . to which she smiles and replies that she shows me every day in her actions . . . which is so true . . . and so much more powerful than just words alone.

I did GREAT the second marriage, too. 28 years and counting. She really does put up with a lot. :)

She was just in SLC and a friend there mentioned that her parents weren't thrilled with her marriage (non-Mormon). My wife mentioned that her parents weren't thrilled with me at first, too. :cool:

My BIL was really going at it with my MIL for a period a couple of years ago. I commented to my wife, "Wow! Who would have ever thought I'd be the good son-in-law?" :)

Last edited:
104289591646d09595e32e0.gif

Thank you for telling your story. You get to vent and we all get to benefit in our own ways.

I also married in 1998 to my “current wife”. Sometimes I refer to her as my “first” wife. Living the dream.

@woodgeek I won't claim to understand what you've gone through. I've been lucky in that respect. I look forward to your contributions here though and they lead me to believe that you're a decent guy who doesn't deserve to be treated as you have. I'm pulling for you as I suspect any who know you here are.

What can I say? Everyone has problems....I could crash my car, my dog could die, I could have terminal cancer, or I could have a wife with a personality disorder. I'll take this over cancer I guess.

In other news....I CRASHED my car. No one was injured in any way. The dog was sick this week, but he is FINE. I guess I should get a checkup.

LOL. The Bolt EV. Totaled.

I am shopping for a used 2015 Volt (better for my new 1 car family) as a Xmas present to myself.

In other news....I CRASHED my car.

Sheesh, the hits keep coming right? Sometimes you just have to laugh. Cliché, but at least no one was hurt. Hopefully the insurance works out and you come out whole.

Well, maybe casually get up and exit the building. Great to stay calm, though.

Sorry to hear about the car. Read that they are discontinuing the Volt?

They did announce closing that factory this week. GM says it is going to roll out a family of vehicles derived from the Bolt platform....and they might do that with the Volt technology too....or perhaps the Volt was just a stepping stone into the Bolt, and the Bolt is a (perhaps reluctant) hedge against an all electric future.

The used ones seem to have dropped a bit in price this week....perhaps is my imagination.

In other news....I CRASHED my car. No one was injured in any way. The dog was sick this week, but he is FINE. I guess I should get a checkup.

LOL. The Bolt EV. Totaled.

I am shopping for a used 2015 Volt (better for my new 1 car family) as a Xmas present to myself.

Ay Caramba. Glad you are ok.

I see 2012 models for 9 to 12 K.

I am still snobbing it up with a '15 CPO (good warranty) with low mileage...for $17k. Payment will be less than half of the Bolt...including insurance.

Can't complain about the Bolt...The rebate was about equal to the year of payments plus the net cost of settling the loan after insurance payout. Free EV for 12 months, thanks US taxpayers.

It was tainted anyway...Mrs. Woodgeek used it to rendez-vous for 6 months.

ID grab one of these older volts if i had even the slightest need for a small sedan. But alas as 70 % of the country is going i dont buy these type of vehicles anymore. Hence GMs desire to close those plants.

I am still snobbing it up with a '15 CPO (good warranty) with low mileage...for $17k. Payment will be less than half of the Bolt...including insurance.

Can't complain about the Bolt...The rebate was about equal to the year of payments plus the net cost of settling the loan after insurance payout. Free EV for 12 months, thanks US taxpayers.

It was tainted anyway...Mrs. Woodgeek used it to rendez-vous for 6 months.
What's CPO?

certified pre-owned. 1 year bumper to bumper warranty, 6 year/100k powertrain....from build 2021.

Reactions: Easy Livin’ 3000
I think I'd start buying lottery tickets, how much worse can your luck get?
Your homeowner's insurance IS paid, right?

We've had two CPO vehicles. It's a good deal. You save money buying a used vehicle, but pay extra to get a dealer inspected and dealer extended warranty vehicle. Peace-of-mind buying a used vehicle.

I had a loaded 2003 Audi A4 Avant 3.0q with a stick ( a unicorn) that I picked up at 9,447 miles. It was the local Audi reps car.

My wife has an Imola yellow 2004 Audi TTq 3.2DSG S-Line roadster that she picked up from a CA dealership with 4,546 miles. It was titled to the dealership, and the owner's son had it. Had them take off the aftermarket 20-inch wheels with rubber bands for tires, since they wouldn't make it with MA potholes. They still had the original wheels and tires at the dealership with no miles on the tires.

I like CPO vehicles, when it's an option.

Yikes, glad to hear that you and the dog are ok. If I were looking used I would be looking at the Gen2 models. We love our 2013 Volt, but they made a lot of nice improvements on the second generation based on 1st gen owner feedback.