A picture worth 1000 splits

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at those stacks, I'd say he has zero problems with wood theft. :lol:

maxed_out said:
+1, should give Zap something to shoot for.

I heard smokin liked it so much his GF has to stack just like that!

GIBIR

I hope he gets pictures.

Backwoods Savage said:
:lol: Ya, that would certainly be a not too smart thing to do; pulling wood from the bottom of a stack of wood.

Carbon, do you have enough wood for this coming winter?

Dennis, of course you realize that I meant pulling wood from the top of one of the bottom steps in the stack, not literally trying to pull splits from the very bottom of the pile.
If someone went there with their pick-up to buy some wood and backed up to the stack to load their own wood, they are not going to want to climb to the very top of that pile and start off-loading wood from the very top steps on that stack? Likely they’d want to get wood from one of the lower, outer most steps on the outside of the pile, and probably could do so initially without the whole pile coming down, but by doing so they’d destabilize it even more than it is already.

As for my next winter’s wood, I have the better part of 2 ½ cords still sitting in my woodshed. Since my wood source is pre-seasoned standing dead trees I don’t have to worry much about getting them cut and split right away, so I probably won’t bother filling up the rest of my shed till the fall. Besides, my shed area has been pretty cluttered with other junk right now due to an ongoing project in my backyard.
cluttershed.JPG

Carbon, it just looks like you have been busy; not cluttered, just used. And I see several bikes being unused there. Maybe the boys are out cutting wood instead of riding bikes.

Now that's a wood pile.........

Status
Not open for further replies.