acme stove - help dating the model

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

stove_sask

hello gang.

this unit belonged to my brother. he passed.

i'm selling the unit, and will gladly just sell it as old (not trying to or gonna make a fortune off this, either way). it's just that i'd much prefer to be able to inform the buyer as to what they might be purchasing.

i have been through all the usual methods (that i'm aware of) and i haven't been able to narrow the date for this unit, not even to a decade.

does anyone here have a clue about the year (or even likely decade) of manufacture of this unit?

many thanks, and greetings from regina, saskatchewan, canada!

acme stove - help dating the model

These guys also have an Acme Premier for sale. Both are more ornate cylinder stoves, but they might be able to narrow the date down further for you.

thank you for sharing that EBL.

when i consider the striking stylistic differences between the these stoves, it makes me think that they are from entirely different time frames, not just purchase options from the same year of production.

The more ornate ones we much more expensive and often destined for parlors, etc. This stove is simpler and more utilitarian in nature. My guess would be from the 1930s or 40s. Cleaned up and painted with a good stove paint, it might bring $250.