Activating the IR Remote Control on a pellet stove.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

trukkakhan

Dec 8, 2022
Spain
Hello all ,
I recently got a 12 Watt pellet burner that is fitted with a Micronova controller ( many brands in Europe are fitted with these ) and a three button Duepi control panel ( also a common fitment in Europe ). The stove works fine - however I would like to use the IR Remote Control but cannot get it to work with the stove. I am led to believe that there is a Parameter in the Micronova technical menu to enable the remote. I am in Spain so perhaps most of you would not have come across this problem. The Remote has new batteries and sends out a signal - I can see it via the camera on my mobile phone. The manufacturer was contacted - they gave me the contact details of a technician who wants to charge me Euros 100 to " commission " the stove ! Would appreciate any ideas. I believe the controller may be the J042 model from Micronova. I did access the A9 technical menu - that has 28 parameters but none of them enable the remote. Regards Alex

I have not seen much discussion on this forum about European stoves...

It may have to be "mated" to the stove, just like a remote control for keyless entry on a automobile.
Make and model of stove might help. I would think it would be in the paperwork that came with the stove.

It may have to be "mated" to the stove, just like a remote control for keyless entry on a automobile.
Make and model of stove might help. I would think it would be in the paperwork that came with the stove.
Hi Bob , The paperwork is aimed at the end user / customer - so no " technical " instructions - which would cover the IR Remote enable / disable parameter - if indeed it exists ! No instructions on " mating " either. The stove is a Magna Watt12 produced by Vertex Life in Spain using those Italian components I mentioned earlier. Regards Alex

Yep, sorry, cannot find much, and not al translates. I would call these people, they advertise phone help, perhaps they can point you in the right direction--