Acucraft Unity 44 or Heat n Glo Escape see through

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

charrison

Jan 8, 2015
Maryland
Hi, We are looking at putting a fireplace in our new home and are not sure what to get. I love the smell of a wood fire, and we have an abundant supply of free firewood. We are looking for a double sided unit, and so far Acucraft looks very nice. We are in Maryland, and in an area that loses power often. I have been by the local fireplace store, and the Heat n glo (gas) Escape see through looks very nice too. We are really looking for something to make a statement in the room. The viewing area on the Escape is huge and looks very nice in person. The "box" for the Acucraft Unity 44 seems huge, but I am not sure how big the viewing area will look in person. Anyone have any info on either of these units? We are on propane gas for the Heat n Glo. We also have two small kids, dogs, and a cat if that makes any difference lol! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.