Added More Pine

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Went back in today so I could take care of another downed pine for the shoulder season, I unloaded the saw with some other things then when I turned around and this little guy was looking over.

Ended up splitting about 31 rounds, attached are some pics. The two Moisture Meter readings came from the round nearest the stump.

swampy

Attachments

• Added More Pine
    100_4773.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 280
  • Added More Pine
    100_4774.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 266
  • Added More Pine
    100_4775.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 281
  • Added More Pine
    100_4776.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 288
  • Added More Pine
    100_4777.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 278
  • Added More Pine
    100_4778.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 274
  • Added More Pine
    100_4779.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 296
Name change?

Oregon Bigfoot said:
Name change?

Yes, with the change coming up for the site I changed the password/username. Just one of many nicknames. :grrr:

swampy

Zap, those deer are naturally curious but yours are more like pets. You and quads have much in common.

Being at the beach we have alot of lob lolly and long leaf pine...what moisture content does it need to be to burn it safely without a creosote issue...is it going to gum up the saw real bad when cutting it?

This stuff should be 18 percent or below by the time we burn it with a normal summer in the Northeast, I think most people go for under 20 percent.

swampy

Status
Not open for further replies.