Adding limit switches to a stove that didn't have them from the factory

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

thumper_65590

Nov 28, 2021
Missouri
I have an Englander 25- PVDC. I want to add High and Low limit snap switches to it in addition to the vacuum switches currently in place from the factory. These are the switches that I got the add to the system: low limit switch, high limit switch. I have noticed that many stoves have these installed from the factory and like the idea of the added safety of true limit switched instead of just the single temp sensor and the vacuum switches. Where would the best location for the installation of these switches be? I believe that the low limit is usually in the exhaust fan housing, but not sure of the best location for the high limit switch. What would be the best placement for this switch. It has a heat sensor that is bolted on the bottom of the back side of the burn pot area. Would I put the limit switch in this location? Any help is appreciated. Thanks, William

There is no reason to do this. Your stove has a thermal sensor, that does both of those jobs. Same as a Harman.

Reactions: Ssyko
As bob said not needed. And no connections on the control board to hook them to.