Advice from Craigslist

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skier76

Minister of Fire
Apr 14, 2009
CT and SoVT
Just in case you were wondering:

http://newhaven.craigslist.org/zip/1683203078.html

If it disapears:

Spruce is not firewood. Nor is any other pine wood. When burned they create creosote that coats the inside of your chimney/flue and eventually catches fire. I posted this because I have seen a lot of people trying to pass off pine as firewood -- it is NOT firewood. If you want to burn it outdoors when you go camping you will be fine, but do NOT burn this in your fireplace or stove. This is a friendly message from your friendly tree care company. Stay safe.

Sounds like firewood sales are pretty slow for the friendly tree company ;-)

I'm tempted to e-mail him and see if he has any pine. :lol:

I was thinking of doing the same just for ha ha's

Some learn slow. Some never learn.

I asked him why everyone in Canada and people out west don't burn their houses down if you can't burn pine/spruce. I also asked him to educate himself on the subject if he's going to go around the internet posting on the subject. :)

Waste of time I know. :lol:

Damn, now what do I do with all of the pine the local tree service dropped in my yard, free this week?

KC

Status
Not open for further replies.